Ladyzone gone bust

Yes I have contacted my bank. They said I needed a letter from the liquidators and then they could act. I paid on visa debit card, but they seemed to think they could help...

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 14:28 ----------

I would say there is no chance of them reopening as apparently ALL equipment and computers were removed very speedily. Maybe this was done by the liquidators?

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 15:53 ----------

I have contacted my bank again now I have received the letter from the liquidators and I will get my money back! I have to wait for a letter to arrive from my bank and fill in information on it. Also send a copy of everything to my bank including my receipt from Ladyzone .The bank will get the money back for me!

I had paid by debit card not credit card. I hope this information helps other people!

• 2 weeks later...

Ladyzone should have doubled its potential market and opened itself up to males. Peoplezone Gyms.

Or Boyzone - oh no I see a problem there...

I believe the ladies only policy worked well in attracting ladies who didn't want to share gym space with guys.

Well there are some guys with the same issues so how about setting up a WrinklyZone gym.

I'd sign up for BeerGutGuys gym in a flash so I'd not have to expose my "manly physique" to the mockery of fit young ladies who, my fantasies assure me, throng the mixed gyms.

I am now trying the Gym at Parkhead,very friendly.

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 11:51 ----------

I have just had the full 12 months subscription refunded by my Bank's Fraud department, although I only claimed 11 months!

Really enjoying Underground Fitness gym at Parkhead.:)

• 1 month later...

I hope the other 500+ creditors get something back, I always thought it was ironic that Ladyzone was a woman only gym, but the company's owner was a guy.

Interestingly back in April 2015, he started a new venture named Ladyzone Gyms seems one door closed permanently just after he opened another, I'm guessing some people would be a little miffed if they've lost money.

Edited by steve68

Is there no chance of them reopening?

There is a sign up outside saying that a new ladies only gym will be opening.

I wouldn't bet against it being run by the same owners... I bet the people who paid for a years membership won't get anything back though.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 09:48 ----------

I am now trying the Gym at Parkhead,very friendly.

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 11:51 ----------

I have just had the full 12 months subscription refunded by my Bank's Fraud department, although I only claimed 11 months!

Really enjoying Underground Fitness gym at Parkhead.:)

Fraud? Not under the consumer credit rules?

Going bust isn't fraud.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, we are the new gym on Middlewood Road. TONE House.

My name is Kayleigh and I was the manager at Ladyzone. When I lost my job and money that Ladyzone owed me I was left in a bit of a predicament.

Setting a gym up of my own has always been something that I wanted to do and this gave me the opportunity to help the ladies in the community a place they could still exercise and be under no pressure.

I am pleased to say we have had a great response from old Ladyzone members and new ladies too.

I am so happy we are where we are now. After talking to a lot of the old Ladyzone members over the last couple of months majority of them have managed to get their money back :)

If anyone would like any information please contact us on 0114 2332894.

Many Thanks

Kayleigh