Regent court old tennants

I am the longest resident on Regent Court at 72 years and I am interested in any photographs relating to the earlier years of this building that opened in 1937 .

I used to go to school with a girl called Glenys Hopkins. She had a splint on her leg and lived there in the sixties. Did you know her please?

Sorry her name doesn't ring a bell but there were a lot of children living there in the 50/60s I am in touch with a number of people who were children living on the flats at that time , I will ask around , I assume you didn't live there ?

Sorry her name doesn't ring a bell but there were a lot of children living there in the 50/60s I am in touch with a number of people who were children living on the flats at that time , I will ask around , I assume you didn't live there ?

Thank you! No I lived in the ABC streets on Penistone Road.

I remember a couple of residents on there in the early 70's. Mr Hyman (of the furniture store family), I think he was on the top floor. Also another Jewish chap, whose name sadly escapes me, who was a retired jeweler, he made me a couple of unique pieces. He lived about the middle floor.

I think there were quite a few 'well to do' people on there then. I have vague recollections of an elderly lady on the ground floor who had some connection with Hillsborough golf club. Not being much help am I :rolleyes:

I remember a lot of the flats being offered for sale around the same time for around £4.5k (each :) )

Edited by *Belle*

I am the longest resident on Regent Court at 72 years and I am interested in any photographs relating to the earlier years of this building that opened in 1937 .

Is that 72 years old...or 72 years on the flats...or maybe both?

I used to go to school with a girl called Glenys Hopkins. She had a splint on her leg and lived there in the sixties. Did you know her please?

I remember Glenys....and many other kids from the sixties.

I was one of them.

Did you know Mr Swann (of Swann-Morton fame) had a flat there originally ?

I have learnt since of this but I didn't know him at the time

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 17:07 ----------

I recollect Tony Cristie the singer living in the flats at one time around the late 60s early 70s I believe!.:confused:

He returned to do a photoshoot to promote his album Made in Sheffield .

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Is that 72 years old...or 72 years on the flats...or maybe both?

I remember Glenys....and many other kids from the sixties.

I was one of them.

I was born on Regent Court in 1943 after my parents home in Hawksley Ave was destroyed in the blitz in 1940 .