Why do people object to Call to Prayer?

I am Muslim, and live a perfectly ok western lifestyle. The only thing I do that isn't compatible with a western lifestyle is that I don't go out and get bladdered of a weekend, fight and show off my underwear.

Bit of a gross generalization there, but yeah this is one of many examples why Islamic culture is more advanced and incompatible with British culture.

I am Muslim, and live a perfectly ok western lifestyle. The only thing I do that isn't compatible with a western lifestyle is that I don't go out and get bladdered of a weekend, fight and show off my underwear.

Neither do the vast majority of westerners, what an utterly appalling generalisation.

Most people don't go out and get bladdered of a weekend, fight and show off their underwear, but they are free to do it if you wish. That's the difference between our culture and probably all Islamic cultures.

They are more community minded, look after their elders better, they're cleaner, don't masturbate, men sit down for number 1's and have less slapperism and control their undesirables better, although coz of western influences this seems to be diminishing now in lots of areas.

Ha ha ha ha this is brilliant.

More community minded? This is so subjective it is impossible to measure. I know a large number of Muslims (I just named 7 in my head, off the cuff) who have been permanently ostracised by their families and communities. Mostly for reasons relating to sex. Two are homosexual (I went to the wedding of one last year ). Two are girls dating the "wrong" type of Muslim (one is a Pakistani girl dating a Tunisian, the other is a Bangladeshi dating a Somalian).

They are cleaner? Do you have any evidence to support this stupid claim?

Why does sitting down for urinating make one culture better than another? Moreover, I know a lot of Muslims and have never ever heard anything of the sort. It is common in the Cape of Africa to squat on the toilet (ie feet on the seat), and you will find signs in toilets in areas with this community saying not to do this. This is not a Muslim thing, but an African (horn of).

They do masturbate! Even if they didn't, what reliance has that when we are discussing how advanced a culture is?

What is wrong with "slapperism" as you so intelligently put it? Should people dress how you decide?

They control their undesirables better? Again you win the silly biscuit. What are the crime rates in an average Muslim country compared to a non - muslim one? The re-offending rates? You must know this to make such a grand statement.

You have just made a fool of yourself. Yes, others have done so too but that doesn't excuse your ignorance. Making unfounded generalisations about a culture makes you a bigot.

You really are so very ignorant, aren't you Ron

A product of your region

It would appear so. I am at a total loss as to what you are on about.

Short of giving personal abuse back, I can't respond. Whilst pro Islamic and lefties are allowed to hurl abuse and swear. We of a right persuasion are not.

And what is my region?

Edited by RonJeremy

It would appear so. I am at a total loss as to what you are on about.

Short of giving personal abuse back, I can't respond. Whilst pro Islamic and lefties are allowed to hurl abuse and swear. We on a right persuasion are not.

Do you mean in a general sense or specifically on the Forum?

Either way, it's a classic example of 'poor me'-ism. Aw diddums.

Do you mean in a general sense or specifically on the Forum?

Either way, it's a classic example of 'poor me'-ism. Aw diddums.

On this forum.

It is a private forum and they can choose their rules. I choose to come on here. I have to accept their bias. I very rarely complain about it. There is no poor me. I'm fine. I'm just explaining why I'm not insulting the person back.

Aw diddums fishy

I complained about my local church bells. The weird cult that runs the place refers to their leader as 'The Vicar'.

I emailed him to complain because they were starting the bells at full volume at 9am on a Sunday morning. They now do it at 11am. It's still a horrible racket, but at least it's not so early any more.

I wouldn't have objected if they were real bells, but they replaced those with electronic bells and amplified speakers in the belfry. It's weird because it starts and finishes abruptly mid-peal and there's never any variation.

In the same way I hate the amplified call to prayer from mosques, but don't object to the traditional sung call to prayer without amplification. I've spent a lot of time in Islamic countries all over the world and almost everywhere I've been I ended up in a hotel right next to a mosque and got woken up at dawn by an awful din.

One time I was in Sidi Bou Said near Tunis and the local mosque still did the unamplified call to prayer. It was like a lullaby and would send me straight back to sleep :)

On this forum.

It is a private forum and they can choose their rules. I choose to come on here. I have to accept their bias. I very rarely complain about it. There is no poor me. I'm fine. I'm just explaining why I'm not insulting the person back.

Aw diddums fishy

And yet you couldn't resist the little dig at the username.

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 10:17 ----------

They are the traditional religions of this Country[Although now on the way out along with fairy stories].

But they were around centuries before some one decided we needed another one to cause more trouble,wars and untold misery for mankind.

As John Lennon said Imagine!!!!!

And the religions of the Romans, Greeks and Indians (to name just a few) before someone decided to invent Judaism and then Christianity, causing more trouble, wars and untold misery for mankind. The same can be said about most religions (maybe not Buddhism).

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 10:18 ----------

Freedom with limitations isn't really freedom.

Which religion(s) is/are prohibited then? Are there limits on your religious freedom, please explain.

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 10:20 ----------

Of course it does. It creates a social pressure to attend. Plays on people's guilt. That's a big reason behind why it is done?

Yeah, I'd feel really guilty about not going to the mosque when I hear it :suspect:

Oh, wait. I got that wrong. I mean I'd not feel anything at all. No more than when I hear church bells.

And yet you couldn't resist the little dig at the username.

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 10:17 ----------

And the religions of the Romans, Greeks and Indians (to name just a few) before someone decided to invent Judaism and then Christianity, causing more trouble, wars and untold misery for mankind. The same can be said about most religions (maybe not Buddhism).

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 10:18 ----------

Which religion(s) is/are prohibited then? Are there limits on your religious freedom, please explain.

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 10:20 ----------

Yeah, I'd feel really guilty about not going to the mosque when I hear it :suspect:

Oh, wait. I got that wrong. I mean I'd not feel anything at all. No more than when I hear church bells.

Yes. Ok. It is very feeble to dig at a username.

It wasn't really an insult. I haven't got a ban for it yet.

Should I get upset when people on here criticise my username?

Anyway: miles off topic here.