Why do people object to Call to Prayer?

There are 1.5 million Christians in Saudi.

There are Christian communities living in North Korea. 1.7% of the population are Christian.

Christianity is a minority religion in the Maldives.

So in all three countries people are not stopped from being Christians.

But you said:

Instead showing your immaturity by posting verbal abuse, why not prove me wrong by naming a country that stops people being Christian or Muslim.

The Maldives: immigrants can be Christian but as a citizen of that country you cannot, thus they are prevented from being anything other than Muslim. That is not freedom of religion, as a citizen you are prevented from being anything but a Muslim.

Saudi Arabia: Does have a number of Christians, tracing their roots back to before the creation of Islam, but a Muslim cannot convert away from or renounce Islam. Doing so will mean the death penalty. No freedom of religion.

North Korea: Being a Christian is considered one of the worst crimes possible. Government dogma considers religion an ‘opiate’ of the people. Secret groups may well be present but they are not approved or sanctioned and if they are found they will receive the harshest of punishments. The re-eduction by force in one of their camps.

So the above do not have freedom of religion. For that matter neither does China or many other countries by way of pressure from the population and not from the government. Why sanction something that is already being imposed by the current population.

But you said:

The Maldives: immigrants can be Christian but as a citizen of that country you cannot, thus they are prevented from being anything other than Muslim. That is not freedom of religion, as a citizen you are prevented from being anything but a Muslim.

Their religious freedom is restricted but they are not stopped from being Christians.

Saudi Arabia: Does have a number of Christians, tracing their roots back to before the creation of Islam, but a Muslim cannot convert away from or renounce Islam. Doing so will mean the death penalty. No freedom of religion.

So just like here their religious freedoms are restricted, but they are not stopped from being part of whatever religion they want to be.

North Korea: Being a Christian is considered one of the worst crimes possible. Government dogma considers religion an ‘opiate’ of the people. Secret groups may well be present but they are not approved or sanctioned and if they are found they will receive the harshest of punishments. The re-eduction by force in one of their camps.

So just like here religious restrictions but still not stopped from being a Christians.

So the above do not have freedom of religion. For that matter neither does China or many other countries by way of pressure from the population and not from the government. Why sanction something that is already being imposed by the current population.

So we are in agreement then, when someones religious practices are restricted, they don't actually have religious freedom.

Their religious freedom is restricted but they are not stopped from being Christians.

Citizens are required to be Muslim. I fail to see how this could be any more clear.

So just like here their religious freedoms are restricted, but they are not stopped from being part of whatever religion they want to be.

Unless you do not consider the death penalty a restriction to a Muslim changing religion then no I suppose not :huh:

So just like here religious restrictions but still not stopped from being a Christians.

Yes they are, but just like theft or murder in the UK, its illegal but there are still those who will do it.

So we are in agreement then, when someones religious practices are restricted, they don't actually have religious freedom.

I don't know what you're talking about here.

I wouldn't waste your time Berberis, he'll try to twist words and change what he said in order to score a point, despite the fact that everyone who reads the thread can see that he was wrong.

I'm not wrong, in each of those countries there are practicing Christians, therefor the state hasn't stopped them from being Christians, the state does however place restrictions on them.

I'm not wrong, in each of those countries there are practicing Christians, therefor the state hasn't stopped them from being Christians, the state does however place restrictions on them.

In the vain hope of you actually contributing something rather than practicing the usual perverse linguistic contortions, let me ask you a question.

If you could change the law about people's religious rights or freedoms in this country, how would you change it and why?

Whenever I've been in a muslim country you expect to hear wailing from the mosc every five hours or so,its their religion it's their country they are muslims I actually quite like listening to it ...but this is England we are a christian country, we are a very tolerant country and respect other peoples religions,but to have the call to prayer bellowing out every five hours or so is a bit to much to expect us as christians to tolerate,our church bells only ring out on sundays anyway not every five hours.

There are practicing serial killers in the USA right now. That doesn't mean they are state sanctioned or allowed!

Whenever I've been in a muslim country you expect to hear wailing from the mosc every five hours or so,its their religion it's their country they are muslims I actually quite like listening to it ...but this is England we are a christian country, we are a very tolerant country and respect other peoples religions,but to have the call to prayer bellowing out every five hours or so is a bit to much to expect us as christians to tolerate,our church bells only ring out on sundays anyway not every five hours.

my bold=

Talk about contradicting yourself. :hihi: