Why do people object to Call to Prayer?

To you. Personally I dislike the sound of church bells as they sound like clattery metal things being rolled down stairs.

In contrast, to me, the sound of the muslim call to prayer is quite appealing and has a strong feel of 'holiness' that, to me, bells lack (I'm not a muslim, by the way).

It also doesn't go on for very long, unlike the bells, which can often be clanging away for hours.

You assume that the call to prayer only "cracks off" once every Friday like the church bells do(once or twice) every Sunday.

Let me tell you, the call to prayer is sounded AT LEAST 3 times a day.....Friday even more (maybe 5) plus the services are broadcast through the same PA system to accommodate those who are unable to attend. This is the norm in Muslim countries.

Now before you start getting all indignant and wanting to allow the call to prayer in this country, just be aware of what you will eventually get.

Personally, I like the one at sunset.....it means it's time for an ice cold beer.

Edited by mumkin

So normally they don't.

Normally at Ramadan and always on special occasions.

Just in case..

normally

ˈnɔːm(ə)li/

adverb

adverb: normally

under normal or usual conditions; as a rule.

"normally, it takes three or four years to complete the training"

synonyms: usually, ordinarily, commonly, as a rule, as a general rule, generally, in general, in the general run of things, mostly, for the most part, by and large, mainly, most of the time, almost always, more often than not, on the whole;

Edited by mumkin

And given that Ramadam is for only 1/12th of the year, that means that 'normally' throughout the year, they don't.

Normally at Ramadan and always on special occasions.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 13:59 ----------

I can hear it now.

Does it up-lift you?

Mod Note

Xenophobic comments removed along with all reference to them.

And before anyone complains about freedom of speech, please remember this is a private forum