UKIP and Tories make massive gains in council elections.

It's just a pity Labour held on in Rotherham.

Although it's no major surprise, the people over there are so stupid they'll vote red regardless.

"Who cares if vulnerable kids are being raped and abused, at least the stinking Torys aren't in charge of the council"

Although it's no major surprise, the people over there are so stupid they'll vote red regardless.

"Who cares if vulnerable kids are being raped and abused, at least the stinking Torys aren't in charge of the council"

I think you will find that the Tories are in charge and the people of Rotherham are paying for them to be run by the Tory appointed overlords.

"Pickles takes control of Rotherham following scathing report

Rotherham council is to come under central government control following the resignation of its entire cabinet in the wake of an investigation that deemed the authority “not fit for purpose”.

http://www.publicsectorexecutive.com/Public-Sector-News/pickles-takes-control-of-rotherham-following-scathing-report

Er, as Blackbeard posts, RMBC Councilors were discouncilled (or whatever the word is) in favour of HMG Commissioners.

Next year, there's to be a 'full Council' election there as far as I know- and in Sheffield too. Let's see...

So what was voted for in Rotherham then??

I assumed the council cabinet was disbanded, but all the Labour councillors over there were still sitting on the council - they just didn't have much say anymore.

I thought this election was for the full council again, but they are just prevented from forming a cabinet and making decisions till the governors move on.

So what was voted for in Rotherham then??

I assumed the council cabinet was disbanded, but all the Labour councillors over there were still sitting on the council - they just didn't have much say anymore.

I thought this election was for the full council again, but they are just prevented from forming a cabinet and making decisions till the governors move on.

According to the BBC coverage the Rotherham council was held by Labour. This would insinuate the people of Rotherham would prefer a council that are not bothered by systematic sexual abuse of young girls to one of a different political party. :o

Goes to show, some would vote for a pig in a red rosette.

Sometimes I wonder how much of the working voters RMBC accounts for as an employer, in proportion. Besides the rest of the traditionally Labour-voting local civil service (education, health, etc.) Turkeys still don't vote for Xmas in 2015 ;)