Would you report a crime that you were witness too  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you report a crime that you were witness too

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (please explain)

No its not..

Yes it is.

''If you do something grudgingly, you're not exactly whistling while you work — you're resentful and annoyed and only doing it, probably, because you have to. A grudge is a lingering resentment against someone, something you can't quite forgive.''

grudgingly - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 20:22 ----------

And in regard to the OP, yes I would, and indeed have, report crimes in progress.

Possible exceptions? Drug taking, certain motoring offences. Maybe a couple of others.

Dont judge me pal, ive done plenty in the name of justice.
I don't judge, ever. It's not my job ;)

I just comment and opine based on what I'm reading. Perhaps patronisingly/arrogantly at times (so I'm told), although that is never deliberate.

Edited by L00b

Yes it is.

''If you do something grudgingly, you're not exactly whistling while you work — you're resentful and annoyed and only doing it, probably, because you have to. A grudge is a lingering resentment against someone, something you can't quite forgive.''

grudgingly - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 20:22 ----------

And in regard to the OP, yes I would, and indeed have, report crimes in progress.

Possible exceptions? Drug taking, certain motoring offences. Maybe a couple of others.

I know what the definition is. And if i meant grudgingly i would of said grudgingly.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 20:51 ----------

I don't judge, ever. It's not my job ;)

I just comment and opine based on what I'm reading. Perhaps patronisingly/arrogantly at times (so I'm told), although that is never deliberate.

Calling someone a coward based on sweet fa is a bit rich

Maybe you can tell us what youve ever done instead of bleating from the sidelines...social justice warrior.

Yes - in spite of the fact I don't trust the police*.

*Because a) I was burgled and the burglars threatened me, tried to make off without paying for work I did for them and helped themselves to another customer's property - they got let off scot free and I was reported to the HSE for nothing in particular simply because I run a business.

b) A friend of mine was the victim of an arson attack, and he tells he was quizzed as to whether or not he ran a business and nothing was done to find the culprit.

c) I've reported a few scrap thefts in progress and the police either don't turn up and if they do it's after the culprits are long gone.

d) There were a couple of coppers parked outside a house which has been burgled several times so I went over to see if I could help (I know the absent owner) I was quizzed as to my identity and checked on.

I tried to email the police with details of possibly stolen goods on Ebay, couldn't find an email address, so I emailed the Police & Crime Commissioner's office to try to get contact details and didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply.

This, coupled with Hillsborough and the Sheffield & Rotherham child abuse scandals doesn't give me any faith in the police at all.

Where did I use the word 'grudingly'??? youve said that twice now.

quote: "assault? yes. If I had to" not the same as 'grudingly'.

Grudgingly suggests a reluctance to report the crime...I didnt say that so you are basing your argument on something that wasnt said.

"If I had to" also suggests a reluctance to report it.

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 07:32 ----------

same...certain crimes I would report too. Thats just normal. Running around reporting every crime, regardless of the situation and consequences of doing so is not normal.

Nobody mentioned "every crime".

You've said you wouldn't report car theft or benefit fraud though. You seemed reluctant to report assault.

Yes I would, and have reported a crime in progress on a number of occasions. Put simply, if I was being assaulted or burgled, I'd want someone else to phone the police, therefore it's only proper that I should do the same.

"If I had to" also suggests a reluctance to report it

No it doesnt

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 08:11 ----------

Nobody mentioned "every crime".

You've said you wouldn't report car theft or benefit fraud though. You seemed reluctant to report assault.

You mentioned every serious crime. Now your backtracking.