Cloughs future at SUFC

canadablade

I think Doberman has a fair point to an extent when it comes to measuring our successes. The premier league stint and the cup semis can all be considered as significant successes when you look at the clubs particular aims.

In our promotion season we were targeting a top 6 finish therefore to achieve promotion exceeded these expectations and should be considered a success. In regards to the cup runs again nobody could have anticipated doing so well in either competition therefore again you can only call them a success as well.

Thats like saying Frank Bruno and Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards were "successes", success is actually winning something not being the bridesmaid every time.

Thats like saying Frank Bruno and Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards were "successes", success is actually winning something not being the bridesmaid every time.

Actually winning something?

So true, 1935 and then 1991, almost beyond anyone's ability to compare.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, 24 years has gone by and we are in another century.

How you lot can sustain the delusion that you are anything but an also ran is wonderful to behold. :hihi:

All that energy and complete BS spouted about how much more 'massive' you are than your city rivals whilst the truth is that you are exactly one position above us in the last fifty year league table.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2Fnews%2F11095%2F9817599%2Fliverpool-lead-manchester-united-arsenal-everton-and-tottenham-in-ultimate-league&ei=Mn1SVaT5B6GE7gaA1oGICw&usg=AFQjCNGhgPKeT1fWK4pSBIs7Qx0MbDS1GA&bvm=bv.92885102,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Having had to listen to your lots delusional ramblings over many years I was astonished to find out that for all your self regarding bluster and high opinion of your place in the world of football the fact was that you are in fact one position above us! :hihi:

Meanwhile, back in the real world, 24 years has gone by and we are in another century.

How you lot can sustain the delusion that you are anything but an also ran is wonderful to behold. :hihi:

All that energy and complete BS spouted about how much more 'massive' you are than your city rivals whilst the truth is that you are exactly one position above us in the last fifty year league table.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2Fnews%2F11095%2F9817599%2Fliverpool-lead-manchester-united-arsenal-everton-and-tottenham-in-ultimate-league&ei=Mn1SVaT5B6GE7gaA1oGICw&usg=AFQjCNGhgPKeT1fWK4pSBIs7Qx0MbDS1GA&bvm=bv.92885102,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Having had to listen to your lots delusional ramblings over many years I was astonished to find out that for all your self regarding bluster and high opinion of your place in the world of football the fact was that you are in fact one position above us! :hihi:

What's more galling in that list is Leeds in 11th.....:gag::gag:

I was really making a comparison to the mighty Owls just pointing out that success usually means you've actually won something, it just shows how low the blades fans expectations are when you consider a season of failure to do what most fans expected (promotion) is seen as some sort of "success" :loopy:

I stated on here before the season started that you would not get promoted with the dour clough in charge (I even had people wanting to bet money that I was wrong), my view on this has not changed so expect another season of "success" next time around (if they don't sack him before then).

Look clough s had some money ,he's picks the team ,he tells the players tactics

Way to play United are in the third div and failed to get out

Simple GET CLOUGH OUT:rant:

The best and most frank appraisal of the situation so far.

I was really making a comparison to the mighty Owls just pointing out that success usually means you've actually won something, it just shows how low the blades fans expectations are when you consider a season of failure to do what most fans expected (promotion) is seen as some sort of "success" :loopy:

I stated on here before the season started that you would not get promoted with the dour clough in charge (I even had people wanting to bet money that I was wrong), my view on this has not changed so expect another season of "success" next time around (if they don't sack him before then).

And I was really pointing out the reality of the situation, you are not 'mighty' and in fact are basically as crap as we are.

The major difference being that Blades - in the main - accept the truth and Owls - or at least quite a lot of them - are delusional about their place in the scheme of things.

Could you point out these instances of Blades thinking that not being promoted out of the third division is a success because I can't recall any?

Making the best of a bad situation and not slitting your wrists over a game is all that I've seen.

And at no time have I personally ever claimed that we would go up this season, in with a chance was about the giddiest I got.

I'm too old and too familiar with my teams ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory to hold any such misconceptions. :)