Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

Dream on! Politics isn't about following any "pure" path. Compromise is essential. The name of the game is finding common cause with as many people as possible. The Labour party didn't find common cause with enough voters and many defected to the tories - the "blue collar conservatives".

Whereas I'd never vote tory, the Labour party will be in danger of losing my vote if they seek to find a niche position from which they attack the rest of society for personal advantage.

I don't see Corbyn as the compromise candidate (although I respect his integrity). If the Labour party is going to stand any chance in 2020 then whoever is the next leader has a lot of bridge building to do. If the labour party can't bring themselves together, how are they going to bring the country together?

is that how you see it? nothing to do with your beliefs? just hook as many fish as possible? your miles away from the target...

When is the new leader decided? What is the purpose of dragging it on for this long?

2 months. it doesn't seem like the electorate rate any of them.

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3602/Burnham-leads-the-pack-but-all-Labour-hopefuls-have-work-to-do.aspx

Andy Burnham leads the pack, but all Labour party leadership candidates yet to convince public and their own supporters they have what it takes to be a good Prime Minister.

With two months to go until the next leader of the Labour party is selected, Ipsos MORI’s latest Political Monitor shows that the public are still to make up their mind about the contenders, and none have a net positive rating overall. Andy Burnham leads the pack with 27% agreeing he ‘has what it takes to be a good Prime Minister’, although equally another 27% take the opposite view. Yvette Cooper comes second with 22% thinking she has what it takes while one out of three (34%) do not. Jeremy Corbyn and Liz Kendall trail behind with 17% and 16% respectively saying they have what it takes to be a good PM. Three in 10 (30%) however don’t think Ms Kendall has what it takes while 36% are critical of Mr Corbyn.

2 months. it doesn't seem like the electorate rate any of them.

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3602/Burnham-leads-the-pack-but-all-Labour-hopefuls-have-work-to-do.aspx

Andy Burnham leads the pack, but all Labour party leadership candidates yet to convince public and their own supporters they have what it takes to be a good Prime Minister.

With two months to go until the next leader of the Labour party is selected, Ipsos MORI’s latest Political Monitor shows that the public are still to make up their mind about the contenders, and none have a net positive rating overall. Andy Burnham leads the pack with 27% agreeing he ‘has what it takes to be a good Prime Minister’, although equally another 27% take the opposite view. Yvette Cooper comes second with 22% thinking she has what it takes while one out of three (34%) do not. Jeremy Corbyn and Liz Kendall trail behind with 17% and 16% respectively saying they have what it takes to be a good PM. Three in 10 (30%) however don’t think Ms Kendall has what it takes while 36% are critical of Mr Corbyn.

No he doesnt...

http://www.theweek.co.uk/labour-leader/62858/labour-leader-leaked-poll-puts-corbyn-further-ahead

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jeremy-corbyn-hits-20-point-labour-leadership-poll-lead-yvette-cooper-secures-second-place-1513101

http://news.sky.com/story/1526814/corbyn-takes-20-point-lead-in-leadership-poll

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-becomes-favourite-to-win-labour-leadership-race-in-latest-ladbrokes-odds-10424088.html

Edited by banjodeano

i think you are confusing being popular amongst labour party members with being popular with folk who actually vote in a general election. arthur scargill had similar blindness.

I am not confusing anything, you are...are you just a troll?

SKY NEWS

Jeremy Corbyn becomes favourite to win Labour leadership race in latest Ladbrokes odds

I am not confusing anything, you are...are you just a troll?

SKY NEWS

Jeremy Corbyn becomes favourite to win Labour leadership race in latest Ladbrokes odds

perhaps if you learned to read it would be an advantage.

read the words. they are the key to understanding.

perhaps if you learned to read it would be an advantage.

read the words. they are the key to understanding.

hahahahah...hahahhahaa

fantatsic own goal of the season...hahahhahahaha

Read the words dear boy, read the words...

published 23rd July.....

look my friend i will debate any subject with anybody...

but i am getting tiresome with your silly posts, you have nothing to add to this debate, coming with silly out of date polls, makes you appear like a fool.

I will not be entering into any more conversations with you.

Have a good evening

It seems to me that Corbyn is the only candidate who knows in what direction he wants the party to go.

The others want a fairer society (don't we all) but no mention of how to get there.

The reason they lost the election was that no one knew what they stood for.

Labour is in a blooming mess and it needs a leader who knows what he/she wants and knows how to get it AND can persuade a majority to go along with them.

I can recall the euphoria I felt in 1997 when the party promised so much but later was such a disappointment.

IF Labour had won the election do you know what they would have done to improve the lives of (dare I say it?) hard working people who are fed up with a failing NHS,an expensive over crowded transport system, disintegrating roads and a culture of snouts in troughs for the few.

For Bliar to say that those who have a heart should get a transplant is an insult to those who want something better in life, rather like how the country felt at the end of WW2.

So I 'll say move left BUT I doubt the majority will agree.

hahahahah...hahahhahaa

fantatsic own goal of the season...hahahhahahaha

Read the words dear boy, read the words...

published 23rd July.....

look my friend i will debate any subject with anybody...

but i am getting tiresome with your silly posts, you have nothing to add to this debate, coming with silly out of date polls, makes you appear like a fool.

I will not be entering into any more conversations with you.

Have a good evening

i think you will find that 23rd july was less than a week ago. it seems that you are still confused by the difference between the opinions of labor party members and the country's electorate. i do hope that corbyn gets the votes of the labour members because the opinion polls would suggest that he is the least likely of the candidates to get the support of the country. so the next question would be who is favourite to follow corbyn as leader of the opposition in 2020.