Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

They moved to the right way back in 1997 and will stay there unless Jeremy Corbyn becomes leader

I stopped voting Labour when Blair and his gang of free loaders formed the so called "New Labour".

If Corbyn gets the leadership then I will be looking to the party again.

I stopped voting Labour when Blair and his gang of free loaders formed the so called "New Labour".

If Corbyn gets the leadership then I will be looking to the party again.

I think that's Labour's problem in a nutshell. They alienated you but attracted a new core of voters.

Now it looks like things might swing the other way and Corbyn's rule will bring in the old core, but alienate the new.

The question is down to public numbers, and which camp has the greater. The "new" lot have lost faith in the party because of Blair and Brown. But will old labour and Corbyn appeal enough to them? Or should they look elsewhere (Lib Dems / UKIP / Tories)?

They moved to the right way back in 1997 and will stay there unless Jeremy Corbyn becomes leader

Indeed.

What is really annoying me about the Blair-ites is this argument that they must gain power to make change. But to gain power they must adopt a very similar agenda to the Tories, and the changes that will be made will not be that different to the Tories. It makes them look like career politicians who want power for the same of it and who will say and do anything to acheive it, even if it runs completely counter to the principle of the Labour party. To go with the new Labour crew means to vote not for change but for the status quo. They are conservatives in all but name. I'm particularly irritated by Burnham who when he controlled the NHS spent years laying down the framework for NHS privatisation but who now champions the renationalisation of the railways. What an utterly disgusting opportunistic self-serving snake in the grass.

To gain power means to appeal to, and serve, the interests of the older generation of voters who have amassed wealth and aim to protect it, who are more engaged with politics and more likely to vote. It means protecting things that are increasingly damaging to the economy and society.

The Blair-ites have lost touch completely with the ethos of the Labour party. And they don't have the nous to out-Tory the Tories like Blair did.

Now, where's that three quid.

Done and dusted.

it seems that we are to be vetted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33785806

Harriet Harman has written to all Labour MPs asking them to check new members are not trying to skew the party's leadership contest.

Each MP has been sent a list of new members from their constituency so they can check for suspicious names.

It follows claims, denied by the party, of non Labour supporters signing up to back left-wing candidate Jeremy Corbyn.

Ms Harman, the acting leader, wants to ensure anyone who does not "share Labour's values" is weeded out.

BBC political correspondent Alex Forsyth said the decision to write to MPs was part of ongoing efforts to ensure a robust contest rather than a result of particular concerns.

In the email, Ms Harman asks MPs to use their "local knowledge and information" to "uphold the integrity of the leadership election".

She tells them to raise any concerns about the names on the list with officials.

Last week Ms Harman told the Guardian a similar email had been sent to constituency Labour parties.

which is rather interesting as it suggests some members who vote for a candidate their local mp doesn't like might have their vote ignored.

Edited by drummonds

it seems that we are to be vetted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33785806

Harriet Harman has written to all Labour MPs asking them to check new members are not trying to skew the party's leadership contest.

Each MP has been sent a list of new members from their constituency so they can check for suspicious names.

It follows claims, denied by the party, of non Labour supporters signing up to back left-wing candidate Jeremy Corbyn.

Ms Harman, the acting leader, wants to ensure anyone who does not "share Labour's values" is weeded out.

BBC political correspondent Alex Forsyth said the decision to write to MPs was part of ongoing efforts to ensure a robust contest rather than a result of particular concerns.

In the email, Ms Harman asks MPs to use their "local knowledge and information" to "uphold the integrity of the leadership election".

She tells them to raise any concerns about the names on the list with officials.

Last week Ms Harman told the Guardian a similar email had been sent to constituency Labour parties.

which is rather interesting as it suggests some members who vote for a candidate their local mp doesn't like might have their vote ignored.

Good point. What a pathetic mess the Labour party is.

ok. have you paid your £3 to vote for corbyn. i have. if you haven't there is only 7 days left.

. . . . . . and did you and 'cuttsie' sign the statement in the application saying you are committed to Labour values?

and , if asked, by local Labour party members will you lie again?

Which Constituency Labour Party did you join - are you going to lie again?

Which party do you really support ?

Don't bother answering, your comments speak for themselves and you are probably in a group of like minded people, with a common disregard to honesty.