Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

Is this an accurate representation of Corbyn's stance or your spin on it? Serious question ... I tend to agree with what you say, but that's not the message I'm picking up on Corbyn's politics (I recognise that message has been filtered by the media)

He's a centre-lefty with moderate policies, some that have legs. Simple as that.

No big bogey man. No commie firebrand. Just a slightly left of centre politician who seems to have a gift for articulating the flaws with current system. He's saying some of the things Miliband did but in plainer clearer language.

It's fascinating how scared the Tory media seem to be of him.

If anything this is not a break for Labour but continuing the process of breaking away from New Labour that Miliband started.

---------- Post added 13-08-2015 at 21:52 ----------

So winning three consecutive elections is losing its way. :)

Yes I'd say so.

It's not all about power and let's be honest Labour under Blair were a bunch or warmongering economic liberals.

It's not all about power

If I support somebody to represent me, I'd rather they had ambitions to get into power ...

let's be honest Labour under Blair were a bunch or warmongering

yes, yes

economic liberals.

yes, OK ... but

in power, where they achieved some things on a left of centre agenda (if nothing else, at least the Tories weren't in power)

Edited by DrNorm

Yes I'd say so.

It's not all about power and let's be honest Labour under Blair were a bunch or warmongering economic liberals.

In my opinion, Labour lost its way in the 70s and in so doing paved the way for 18 years of Tory government.

During this period a move further to the left proved a disaster and, when the penny finally dropped, Tony Blair was the ideal candidate to take the party to the right and seize power.

Does Labour really intend to make the same mistakes again?

Re: The three Labour non-Corbyns.

Do they have any policies, or are they all just criticising Corbyn?

It's been notable that the other candidates haven't criticised Corbyn themselves until yesterday when Yvette Cooper "turned her fire on the frontrunner in the Labour leadership race".

With all the attention Corbyn is getting there's hardly a report about what policies any of the candidates are putting forwards.

In any event one of the main roles of a leader is to unite their supporters and in that respect it doesn't look like any of the candidates are up to the job.

It's been notable that the other candidates haven't criticised Corbyn themselves until yesterday when Yvette Cooper "turned her fire on the frontrunner in the Labour leadership race".

With all the attention Corbyn is getting there's hardly a report about what policies any of the candidates are putting forwards.

In any event one of the main roles of a leader is to unite their supporters and in that respect it doesn't look like any of the candidates are up to the job.

If people were really interested in finding out they would have searched for that information.

Such as viewing a printed guide of what their policies are on key issues. http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/aug/13/labour-leadership-candidates-comparison-burnham-cooper-corbyn-kendall