Rail strike on the cards

I'm hoping some trains will still be running Andy, and they will arrange tickets for me to collect so i can still get up there on Monday. I honestly feel sick at the moment cause i was already very nervous about going up and seeing a family member after such a long time, now my stomachs doing somesaults worrying about the trains.

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 11:18 ----------

I could possibly be picked up from Glasgow, how far is it from motherwell?

Best of luck! By the sounds of things you should be able to get most of the way there without too much hassle.

At least you can divert your anxiety about meeting someone onto wondering the train will get you there at all! Optimism? :D

OP.

The following trains run DIRECT from Doncaster to Edinburgh on Monday:

0615, arrives 0921

0811, arrives 1113

0910, arrives 1211

1010, arrives 1323

1111, arrives 1415

1310, arrives 1613

Extra ones are available by getting on a York/Newcastle train and changing at York or Darlington, but I wont complicate matters.

There may be no trains between Sheffield and Doncaster though. Take the X78 bus.

Once in Edinburgh, get the Glasgow train that is every 15 mins until about 1730.

Once in Glasgow, there are regular Motherwell buses.

EDIT - trains ARE running between Sheffield and Doncaster until Monday afternoon! http://www.northernrail.org/news/7685

Edited by Vegas1

Thank you Vegas1 thats brilliant, what i'll do if my trains are affected is i will ask for tickets for the train from Doncaster to edinburgh and then the bus to motherwell.

and yes Sgtkate it is certainly diverting my stress, however my blood pressure is sky high now lol

Thank you Vegas1 thats brilliant, what i'll do if my trains are affected is i will ask for tickets for the train from Doncaster to edinburgh and then the bus to motherwell.

and yes Sgtkate it is certainly diverting my stress, however my blood pressure is sky high now lol

I assumed you had already bought your tickets? They will be valid for any route on Monday, trust me. No need to buy more.

See my edit above, trains are running Sheffield-Doncaster but looks like only on the Sheffield-Hull route so only one an hour.

I bought them via virgin trains, its where i was directed to pay for them. i just want to know the train service will amend the travel tickets as needed due to the fact its their doing thats caused the hassle.

The operators will accept tickets for travel on Monday via another route, given there is no normal timetable.

Dont waste money buying more tickets!!!!

On your tickets it will say ROUTE and then something next to it. What does it say?

Edited by Vegas1

Yeah, that is all out the window on Monday as no normal timetable is in operation.

What does the ROUTE say on your tickets? Does it say "VTEC+Connections", "ANY PERMITTED", "CrossCountry+Connections", or something else?

Edited by Vegas1

sheff to york 07:54 hours on 25 may 15 reserved seats

york to edin 08:55 hours on 25 may 15 reserved seats

think open tickets from edin to motherwell.

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 11:56 ----------

its with virgin trains apart from motherwell ones

Right in that case then you SHOULD be fine. Just get to Sheffield as early as possible on Monday and get the first train to Doncaster and then to Edinburgh from the list I posted above. You just wont be able to get to Motherwell direct from Edinburgh like you usually can so they will let you go to Glasgow instead.

Can you just confirm what the ROUTE specifically says on your ticket though? If it says CROSSCOUNTRY+ CONNECTIONS you may have to just double check with Virgin. Sheffield to York isnt a Virgin train, hence why I am asking what the routing says.

Also there is an alternative, but I need to know what your ROUTE says first.

Edited by Vegas1