Rail strike on the cards

Ah, its a West Coast routing. which is bizarre as the journey plan you posted on the last page was via East coast, so I dont really understand what is going on.

In which case you will need to double check they will accept via East Coast. Virgin run both sets of trains.

There are fast trains to York than run via Leeds on Monday but only in the morning. You can then pick up an Edinburgh train from Leeds. It is a Cross Country train but you should be fine to take it as far as York.

Edited by Vegas1

just been told no trains at all on monday they can either give me a refund or send me up sunday for no extra cost but then i have to pay £60 i haven't got spare for an extra night stay...i have asked to speak to someone higher up cause i am not settling for it. I am in tears at moment!

I have found out this morning that the trains are going on strike on monday.

I could literally cry my eyes out as we have been waiting to go to scotland for the last few months and three days before we go the trains may not be running. Not only that but its been a very very long time since i saw someone very important to me and i really wanted to be there for a birthday.

My daughter who is 5 will be gutted that the trip is potentially cancelled too.

I am still holding out hope that they are going to be running, but if not. What would it cost for someone to run me, my husband and daughter to Motherwell on monday the 21st in the morning, preferably someone trustworthy.

Please move this to appropriate place on forum if needs be. Thank you for reading.

T

Why is it a problem if they stroke 3 days before you go?

How long is this strike?

There are trains on Monday - just none on the WEST COAST.

Plenty on the EAST COAST.

Ring them back and ask are your tickets valid via Virgin trains on the EAST COAST.

And in actual fact I think refunds will be given:

If you’ve got tickets for travel with Virgin Trains East Coast on the 25 and 26 May you can instead choose to use these tickets on our services on Sunday 24 May or on Wednesday 27, Thursday 28 and Friday 29 May 2015. If you hold an Advance ticket, please use the same train service as originally booked or the services immediately before or after.

All ticket restrictions will be lifted on Monday 25 May and Tuesday 26 May 2015.

Existing seat reservations will only be in place on services where the original booked train is also running in the amended timetable.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and if you’d prefer to claim a refund or rebook your travel arrangements for beyond this period, contact the Virgin Trains East Coast Customer Relations team on 03457 225 333 or the retailer where the tickets were originally purchased. Refunds can be claimed from Wednesday 27 May 2015.

There are trains on Monday - just none on the WEST COAST.

Plenty on the EAST COAST.

Ring them back and ask are your tickets valid via Virgin trains on the EAST COAST.

And in actual fact I think refunds will be given:

They must be valid on East Coast as the OP's route is Sheffield to York, York to Edinburgh then Edinburgh to Motherwell AFAIK.

There are Cross Country running Sheffield to York, though not the OP's service so get there early.

The OP's service from York to Edinburgh is running but I assume reservations will not apply.

There is a service from Edinburgh to Glasgow.