Looking for old Shiregreen mates

Timbuck

Originally posted by caprice

odd surname... Does Allan have a relation called Claire? She's 16 or 17.... I worked with a claire garlick!

Alan Garlick will be about 63 years old if he's still around, Claire could be a grand daughter..or maybe a daughter..I need more info.

Originally posted by Funke88

Did you know the Helliwells on Hatfield House Lane? They lived there from the early 1930s to the early 70s That's my family.

The Helliwells family, yes I remember them Especially "Christine Helliwell" she was a friend of my Cousin Wendy Gill...if You walked down Hatfieldhouse lane a bit and then turned left down an allyway Helliwells were halfway down on the left...I used to fancy Christine, but she had her sights on sombody else.

Originally posted by Timbuck

The Helliwells family, yes I remember them Especially "Christine Helliwell" she was a friend of my Cousin Wendy Gill...if You walked down Hatfieldhouse lane a bit and then turned left down an allyway Helliwells were halfway down on the left...I used to fancy Christine, but she had her sights on sombody else.

Yes she did, my dad!

That's hillarious. lol

Originally posted by little malc

I visited Sheffield this last weekend, saw my mate Ian Bilson, he remembers both you and brother Eric, were you in B B at Hatfield Lane? Brian Woodriff who wrote the two books on Shiregreen lived just below you, I think it was last house going towards English Steel ground. By the way, he is in the process of completing a third book, should be interesting.

I knew Bryan very well as he only lived next door but one ..He was a very well educated lad , During his National Service he was a Russian interpreter. Bryan was 3 years older than me and I used to play around with his younger brother Keith..He Keith unfortunately died a few months ago, but I was lucky enough to meet up with him again last year, and talk about the old days.

• 9 months later...
Originally posted by Belle

Hey Timbuck,

I used to live in Norton - just behind the duck pond, on Darlington Lane

Say hello to the place for me

Just to let you know Belle..There are more ducks than ever this winter on the pond.. Also about 20 Canada Geese.. it's fast becoming a popular wildlife centre.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I lived in Shirehall Rd. the house was brand new, I was a baby 1933, we stayed there until 1940, moved then to Hatfield House Lane. Names remembered ,Thomas, Webb (the chimney sweep), the Ebbs twins. My name is Miller, anyone around still who remembers me?

hi there a bloke near me called terry ashton hes about 70 is this him?
Yes the age could be about right I guess about 68 or 69

do you know where he used to live.... the one I'm looking for is from Hartleybrook.

To Janner I live on Shirehall rd now, did you say you were a baby when it was newly built 1933? I am trying to get a rough idea when my house was built. Could you tell me what number you lived at? if you remember? I was once told that Marti Caine lived on Shirehall rd, not sure if this was true or not. Cheers B54

Archived