Looking for old Shiregreen mates

Timbuck

I lived in Shirehall Rd. the house was brand new, I was a baby 1933, we stayed there until 1940, moved then to Hatfield House Lane. Names remembered ,Thomas, Webb (the chimney sweep), the Ebbs twins. My name is Miller, anyone around still who remembers me?
I remember Webbs the chimney sweeper my friend "Freddy" and I used to go to his house cos' he had a talking Jackdaw in a cage and it used say all sorts of things...Mrs Webb was always very nice to us young lads.

Timbuck, I think the number of the house in Shirehall Rd. was 264, my parents said they moved into the new house with a minimum amount of furniture. When we arrived home after a weeks holiday in 1939 ther was the parts of an anderson air raid shelter in the front garden.

The webbs had a daughter , Babara , I think. We somehow inherited their dog, it was a black labrador called Judy. The Webbs house was a bit of a mess but a wonderland for small boys. Mr Webb used to tell us stories of his time in the Navy.

• 10 months later...
While looking for my old mates I think I've come across Little Malcs shoolchums if Im correct I can list his School photo....But for now I'll give a list of his classmates in 1953....come on Malc own up are you in this class stood between Pam Fisher & Charles Fiander .....

Miss Summerset's Class 1A 1953 Back Row L-R Peter Sarson - Raymond Kenyon - Stewart Bowles - Frank Wilgoose - Denis Loveday - Sydney Johnson - Roger Shelly - John Jowett - Alen Watson - Douglas Eccles. 2nd Row L- R Keith Maslen (me) - Terence Burbeary - Maureen Whitehouse - Doreen Johnson - Janet Booth - Hilary Bright - Eunice Stavely - Christine Benton - Pamela Fisher - Surname Smith - Charles Fiander Frount Row L - R Angela Simmonds - Brenda Dale - ? Carter - ??? - ??? - Janet Jackson - Miss Sommerset - Barbara Goddard - ? MacDoald - Betty ? - Dorothy ? - Sylvia ? can anyone name the rest of them Keith Maslen

I knew a Paul Fiander from vauxhall rd Wincobank was Charles his brother.

I lived in Shirehall Rd. the house was brand new, I was a baby 1933, we stayed there until 1940, moved then to Hatfield House Lane. Names remembered ,Thomas, Webb (the chimney sweep), the Ebbs twins. My name is Miller, anyone around still who remembers me?

you mention a chimny sweep on hatfieldhouse

i deliverd milk i would only be about 15 or 16 he gave me his cycle what

he carried his brushes on a great big situp and beg

awoollen

the year would be 1945 to 46

awoolen, I lived at 108 Hatfield House Lane. You & I must be about the same age,I'm 75 in Nov. Mr Webb used to work in an abbattoir as well as sweeping chimneys, they had a pet snake, it went missing, when Mrs. Webb went to ues her sewing machine , it would'nt work, the snake had got into the machine & was mangled. Did you live on Hatfield House Lane?

• 4 weeks later...
awoolen, I lived at 108 Hatfield House Lane. You & I must be about the same age,I'm 75 in Nov. Mr Webb used to work in an abbattoir as well as sweeping chimneys, they had a pet snake, it went missing, when Mrs. Webb went to ues her sewing machine , it would'nt work, the snake had got into the machine & was mangled. Did you live on Hatfield House Lane?

sorry i am two years older

i lived on bevercotes road firth park live in rotherham now

Archived