Knocking and ringing on doors..without an appointment

Should be made illegal. As should leafletting, which is spam by any other name, no permission then dont fly tip.

Have loads of that.

Bar the postman of course If its important, make an appointment e.g. gas man. Otherwise its just an annoyance and unwanted.

Had another sales fool knocking and ringing early this morning.

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 10:06 ----------

Plus, the elderly and vulnerable. They shouldnt be answering the door to strangers...I will be contacting counsillor about this.

One of the few useful things that my useless Housing Association have done is to set up cold-calling exclusion zones on some of their estates.

I have approached them to request that they make our little street which is managed, in its entirety, by the HA, a cold-calling exclusion zone, as my, and my neighbours' "No cold calling" stickers on the doors don't seem to be having an effect.

One of the few useful things that my useless Housing Association have done is to set up cold-calling exclusion zones on some of their estates.

I have approached them to request that they make our little street which is managed, in its entirety, by the HA, a cold-calling exclusion zone, as my, and my neighbours' "No cold calling" stickers on the doors don't seem to be having an effect.

Those stickers dont seem to peturb callers. Bar putting a notice of denied implied right of access up, i dont know what else to do, hopefully some act can be brought in if enough people complain. I work from home sometimes and its an annoyance /distraction. When its happening 3 or 4 times a day its beyond a joke.

If its an office you phone and make an appointment dont you? So why peole think its acceptable to knock on doors, ringing the bell im not sure...had some div trying to sell me some karate lessons other day!

Edited by ubermaus
. ..

Those stickers dont seem to peturb callers. Bar putting a notice of denied implied right of access up, i dont know what else to do, hopefully some act can be brought in if enough people complain. I work from home sometimes and its an annoyance /distraction. When its happening 3 or 4 times a day its beyond a joke.

If its an office you phone and make an appointment dont you? So why peole think its acceptable to knock on doors, ringing the bell im not sure...had some div trying to sell me some karate lessons other day!

You should've taken up his offer of karate lessons then you'd be able to get medieval on future cold callers asses

Next time im going to answer the door in a mask, butchers coat, blowtorch in hand....

Ha or Jimmy Saville and answer the door with 'Now then, now then'

I'm not generally a rude person, but I look out of the window if I don't know them even if they see me, I just ignore em.

I have set up very recently a no cold calling zone on our road, with help from Sheffield City Council, the local Community Police team, and Trading standards.

I first spoke to as many of the residents as i possibly could to ask their opinion if they would like the idea, it took a month or so to get around to speaking to around 90 out of the 111 residents as i had to catch them in the street rather than knocking on their doors (ironic i know).

The Council and Trading standards supplied plenty of the new door stickers which are far larger than the older ones, and the sticker states clearly that it if you do not leave and/or you return, you may commit a criminal offence!!!

The offence the caller would be committing would be Harassment, i checked this out with the Police and Trading standards.

This scheme only works as well if all your neighbours are pro-active in sending the message to any cold callers that feel they can ignore the signs.

I have set up very recently a no cold calling zone on our road, with help from Sheffield City Council, the local Community Police team, and Trading standards.

I first spoke to as many of the residents as i possibly could to ask their opinion if they would like the idea, it took a month or so to get around to speaking to around 90 out of the 111 residents as i had to catch them in the street rather than knocking on their doors (ironic i know).

The Council and Trading standards supplied plenty of the new door stickers which are far larger than the older ones, and the sticker states clearly that it if you do not leave and/or you return, you may commit a criminal offence!!!

The offence the caller would be committing would be Harassment, i checked this out with the Police and Trading standards.

This scheme only works as well if all your neighbours are pro-active in sending the message to any cold callers that feel they can ignore the signs.

Well done for making that happen, must of been a slow process catching 90 residents in the street! we need more people like you getting things done round here.