Boston bomber sentenced to death

It would have been nice to have cut him up in pieces and shipped them back to his horrible old mother in Ubekistan or whichever one of those dump Russian republics she lives in

Primitive I grant you but bloody satisfying :D :D

The primitive are usually easily satisfied. Should I wish to go 'primitive' post wise, SF it would seem is the perfect vehicle to contribute, evidently.

Don't some people get their knickers in a twist about silly things?

Harley, spare me the hypocrisy of you crying over maimed children while thinking that strapping some mother's son to a table and and injecting him with poison is a good idea.

Harley, spare me the hypocrisy of you crying over maimed children while thinking that strapping some mother's son to a table and and injecting him with poison is a good idea.

If you can't see the difference between the two then you are even more of a lost cause than I thought.

I'm not a proponent of the the death penalty, but I can see the logic behind it and respect those who do.

To compare the killing of innocents to the killing of this utter lowlife pond dwelling chimpanzee (I can't use the words I would like to on a "family friendly" forum) is beyond the pale.

If you can't see the difference between the two then you are even more of a lost cause than I thought.

I'm not a proponent of the the death penalty, but I can see the logic behind it and respect those who do.

To compare the killing of innocents to the killing of this utter lowlife pond dwelling chimpanzee (I can't use the words I would like to on a "family friendly" forum) is beyond the pale.

Stop being so melodramatic for goodness sake; it's not about the people - it's about the idea and the act of killing.

Either killing other people is a Ok or it isn't. Tsarnaev killed some people.

It's morally insane that society kills as a response to killing.

They're doing what they believe to be a heinous and dreadful crime.

Stop being so melodramatic for goodness sake; it's not about the people - it's about the idea and the act of killing.

It's both, but it depends on the situation.

So you think it was morally insane for our society to kill the enemy during times of war?

I'm not being melodramatic. I'm being angry.

And a little perplexed. But mostly angry.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 07:59 ----------

So you think it was morally insane for our society to kill the enemy during times of war?

+1. I agree with Smithy (whoever smithy is).

Pretty much. Anyway, it's madness to express our dissaproval of killers by killing them,

Hitler was a mother's son also. Are you trying to whip up some pity for this murderer because he had a mother? We all had mothers.

At least in this case his demise will be swift and very painless. His victims not so lucky

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 17:21 ----------

It's been done ever since Homo Sapiens made his first spear. People try to kill you and if you survive you retaliate accordingly

Pretty much. Anyway, it's madness to express our dissaproval of killers by killing them,

It's not madness (I tell you, madness). It's a fairly well-practised method of disposing of unwanted people.

How do you suggest we deal with criminals who kidnap people? I suggest we imprison them. Or do you sense a juxtaposition there too? Should we perhaps think of a different punishment?