Protests today in Sheffield (16-05-2015)

More than 80% didn't vote Labour. More people voted Tory than any other party.

Did I see the right out protesting when Labour won from 1997-2010? Might have, but it wasn't very often. They generally just got on with making the best of what they saw as a bad situation. The left would be wise to learn from this example.

Oh yes...good advice...Learn from a Tory example...Dear god! :suspect:

Really? Do you not remember the Poll Tax?....So yes protest can and does change government minds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_Tax_Riots

I think some of that was due to the fact that a lot of people were not paying it in protest.I did pay mine but I remember a lot of my mates and work colleagues who didn't pay and were never pursued for it either and got away with paying nothing.There were so many people who did not pay that I think it became impossible for the local authorities to recover the non payments.

More than 80% didn't vote Labour. More people voted Tory than any other party.

Did I see the right out protesting when Labour won from 1997-2010? Might have, but it wasn't very often. They generally just got on with making the best of what they saw as a bad situation. The left would be wise to learn from this example.

Who cares. anyone can protest.

What part of free expression dont tories understand. Mugs.

---------- Post added 18-05-2015 at 20:22 ----------

They can, but it looks better if they have a well-reasoned alternative solution that goes beyond shouting "Tory Scum" and stuff about "Fatcher".

But u are tory scum. And fatcher is the scummiest.