Protests today in Sheffield (16-05-2015)

I lost a lot of money under the last Labour government but I did not go into the street and protest about it I used my democratic right to vote for an alternative party.I did not vote Conservative either but in a democratic society you have to accept defeat if your party of choice loses.No amount of protesting will make the government change their minds.

Spot on I agree with you. I voted Labour in this general election and labour lost. I suspect a lot of the SWP didnt even bother to vote yet complain about the result.

No because they are all chanting tories out. Yet they got elected. They cannot ever accept democracy and think ooh maybe we should change and have different policies leaders etc its our fault. Instead they blame the electorate fro the result.

Its funny that most of the Labour politicians have accepted that they got their policies wrong except Yvette Cooper and know they did not offer anything for the largest proportion of voters,the middle earners.It seems that it is the supporters of the Labour party that cannot accept that their policies were wrong if you want to win an election in modern Britain.

Its protests against austerity. The feeling is as individuals we might be financially better off under the tories, but socially the cuts target the vulnerable.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 23:28 ----------

No because they are all chanting tories out. Yet they got elected. They cannot ever accept democracy and think ooh maybe we should change and have different policies leaders etc its our fault. Instead they blame the electorate fro the result.

Its not a protest against democracy. People on the march want a new economics and politics.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 23:29 ----------

I lost a lot of money under the last Labour government but I did not go into the street and protest about it I used my democratic right to vote for an alternative party.I did not vote Conservative either but in a democratic society you have to accept defeat if your party of choice loses.No amount of protesting will make the government change their minds.

75% of the electorate didnt vote for this govt.

How is it possible to make cuts that don't "target the vulnerable" when the vulnerable are always going to be the ones most reliant on the state?

The vulnerable aren't responsible for the cuts, it wasn't their fault. It was the rich bankers who caused it!

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 00:02 ----------

How is it possible to make cuts that don't "target the vulnerable" when the vulnerable are always going to be the ones most reliant on the state?

The bankers were reliant on the state to bail them out!

Edited by SteveJ68

The vulnerable aren't responble for the cuts, it wasn't their fault. It was the rich bankers who caused it!

The vulnerable weren't responsible for the boom years either. Yet they benefitted from them, just as they suffer with the cuts. If you're reliant on the state, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

The bankers were reliant on the state to bail them out!

And it was Labour that bailed them out! I wouldn't have given them anything. Let poorly run banks fail.

75% of the electorate didnt vote for this govt.

So what?

More than that DID NOT vote for labour either. Until the system changes its the same results process as has been for all the other elections in the past.

None of this fuss seemed to happen when Labour won with the SAME SYSTEM in the 1997 or 2001 or 2005 or even the coalition results of 2010 come to think of it.

Its a load of lefties whining and whinging just because the Tories have took control for a change. Time to get over yourselves. Concentrate on getting your "way" in 5 years time if you are so passionate. I have very little belief that more than a handful of those on the streets chanting have actually been affected by any of the supposed austerity. Hardly looked destitute any of them.

The public have spoken.

Tories won most seats and highest number of votes. Nearly 2 million more votes than labour and over 2.5 million more than SNP/UKIP/Liberal and Greens votes combined.

That's how it works at present and nothing these idiots with their "tories out" cardboard signs will change that.

Edited by ECCOnoob

So what?

More than that DID NOT vote for labour either. Until the system changes its the same results process as has been for all the other elections in the past.

None of this fuss seemed to happen when Labour won with the SAME SYSTEM in the 1997 or 2001 or 2005 or even the coalition results of 2010 come to think of it.

Its a load of lefties whining and whinging just because the Tories have took control for a change. Time to get over yourselves. Concentrate on getting your "way" in 5 years time if you are so passionate. I have very little belief that more than a handful of those on the streets chanting have actually been affected by any of the supposed austerity. Hardly looked destitute any of them.

The public have spoken.

Tories won most seats and highest number of votes. Nearly 2 million more votes than labour and over 2.5 million more than SNP/UKIP/Liberal and Greens votes combined.

That's how it works at present and nothing these idiots with their "tories out" cardboard signs will change that.

The public havent spoken. 75% of just over 60% didnt want this govt.

85% of the pop...hardly democratic. The current system is a disgrace

]The vulnerable weren't responsible for the boom years either. [/b]Yet they benefitted from them, just as they suffer with the cuts. If you're reliant on the state, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

And it was Labour that bailed them out! I wouldn't have given them anything. Let poorly run banks fail.

Yes they were. Who was being given all that free dosh to spend on their credit cards? I don't doubt you'd give anyone anything, you strike me as the sort of person who'd sell his mother for a few quid if it made a profit!