Ketty lester-city hall

just been listening to BBC5 through the night program --where people vote for a virtual juke box each week

this week Ketty Lester was the winner

I remember seeing her about 63/64 at the city hall--(she had a great pianist-I think was called Lincoln Rockwell)

what I would like to know is the exact year and if anyone can recall any other acts on the bill----in those days you got about 6 turns for 5 bob

none of these flashing light shows and £70 tickets

just been listening to BBC5 through the night program --where people vote for a virtual juke box each week

I remember seeing her about 63/64 at the city hall--(she had a great pianist-I think was called Lincoln Rockwell)

what I would like to know is the exact year and if anyone can recall any other acts on the bill----in those days you got about 6 turns for 5 bob

I saw Ketty at the City Hall must have been the same show.

But youv'e done it now;)

Love Letters straight from my heart will be with me all day today and probably all next week.

Up into the false roof now to drag out the L.P.

Would it have been The Everly Brothers and Frank Ifield and then Ketty Lester as the top three acts on the bill?

did see Frank Ifield --could have been with Ketty Lester --dont remember the Everlies with her ----did see half of the Everlies when one of them was taken ill about that time----the lead guitarist filled in with harmonies (may have been Albert Lee but more likely James Burton----keep on finding more artists thanks

thanks nikki red--I think you nailed it--welldone

got to be one of the best 5 bobs worth along with a show at the gaumont across the road-with a show with something like

the Everly Bros

little Richard

BO Diddely

the Rolling Stones

Nashville Teens

July Grant

I,m almost sure this was the line up although I think this was 6 shillings

thanks again

From the same website...

Sheffield (Gaumont) 22nd October 1963

Everly Brothers

Bo Diddley

Little Richard (joined the tour at Watford)

Rolling Stones

Julie Grant

Mickie Most

The Flintstones

Bob Bain (compere)

Before my time sadly, the line-ups were amazing!!

Hi again Nikki Red-----just been looking at your link---I dont think any of the youngsters today would believe you could see a show for the price of about 4 pints----the B Bumble show /Jonny Kid bash at the City Hall was watched by an audience of just 80----we had the cheapest tickets in the top balcony,but were invited to the best seats at the front centre and spread out---great days

thanks nikki red--I think you nailed it--welldone

got to be one of the best 5 bobs worth along with a show at the gaumont across the road-with a show with something like

the Everly Bros

little Richard

BO Diddely

the Rolling Stones

Nashville Teens

July Grant

I,m almost sure this was the line up although I think this was 6 shillings

thanks again

I went to a Gaumont show in early 1965, the line-up was similar to that (including Everly Bros) but I seem to remember Chuck Berry and the Moody Blues, about the time they topped the charts with 'Go Now.'

just got threads crossed over and we duplicated each other---

but do remember seeing the late Mickey Most--he was on every show I used to see singing Johnny B Goode====was billed a a sensation from South Africa and was crap-----I think he went on to be a promoter/agent--cheers again