Dartford crossing,rip off?

How often do you use the crossing. Can't you pay £10.04 in to your account. £10.02 covers the next 6 crossings and the other 2p to settle the debt.

I may use it there and back three times this year but that will be all.If I have any plans to use it after this money has run out I will certainly try to do what you suggest.

So why make the foolish comment of go another way?

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 12:05 ----------

Apparently if you have an account the minimum you can pay is £10-00.

Yes I read that in the OP, but I don't think its Kidorry's problem, if the company won't except a payment of 2p, which is all that owed, they can't later sue for non payment of the 2p.

How do you pay for a single trip if they won't accept less than £10?

Yes I read that in the OP, but I don't think its Kidorry's problem, if the company won't except a payment of 2p, which is all that owed, they can't later sue for non payment of the 2p.

How do you pay for a single trip if they won't accept less than £10?

If you want to pay for a single trip you can do it in advance, at a Payzone outlet, stating the day you will use it, and, on your return you can do the same but you must pay within 24 hours or a fine will be issued.

I recently had to use the Dartford crossing, and now, they have done away with the usual toll gates and introduced automatic number plate recognition as a method of paying. To do this you can pay £2-50 into a pay zone outlet or you can set up an account with the Dart charge company with a minimum payment of £10-00.This way it only costs you £1-67 each way. Here is the rub, after 6 crossings the total cost is £10-02.I have been informed by the Dart crossing company that he did not thing a pay zone outlet would accept such a small amount so I would have to deposit another £10-00 with them or face a fine if I did not pay the 2 pence within 24 hours. Also the monies deposited only last for a year and after that, the account is closed and any money in the account goes to them. How on earth they come to the sum of £1-67 for the crossing is beyond me unless it is done solely to extract more money from the motorist.

The cost is £2:50. If you use it regularly you can get a discount. If you use it on a daily or weekly basis then it is worthwhile paying in bulk and taking advantage of the discount. If you use it occasionally, or for a limited number of times, then it is up to you to decide the best way to buy your crossings. You are being offered a discount if you meet certain conditions. How is that a rip off?

The cost is £2:50. If you use it regularly you can get a discount. If you use it on a daily or weekly basis then it is worthwhile paying in bulk and taking advantage of the discount. If you use it occasionally, or for a limited number of times, then it is up to you to decide the best way to buy your crossings. You are being offered a discount if you meet certain conditions. How is that a rip off?

Because they have set the price so as not to meet the number of crossings equally.You only get the discount if you deposit the £10-00 into an account.

Back on topic please you can make your political points on the threads already in existence.

So where should I address the points you have left on here attacking me?

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 19:46 ----------

Because he's a ********, have you not noticed :hihi:

this post mort

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 19:47 ----------

So why make the foolish comment of go another way?

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 12:05 ----------

Apparently if you have an account the minimum you can pay is £10-00.

and the first part of this one

So where should I address the points you have left on here attacking me?

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 19:46 ----------

this post mort

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 19:47 ----------

and the first part of this one

awww diddums:hihi::hihi::hihi: