India announces $1 billion credit line to Mongolia

India has announced a $1 billion dollar credit line to Mongolia to help them expand its economic capacity and infrastructure.

The last I heard, the UK was giving India £280million in aid each year!

Are we being taken for chumps?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/47314880.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

India has announced a $1 billion dollar credit line to Mongolia to help them expand its economic capacity and infrastructure.

The last I heard, the UK was giving India £280million in aid each year!

Are we being taken for chumps?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/47314880.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Isn't the aid being stopped this year? Do you think that there was a link between the aid and India being the third largest outside investor and it being the largest market for British goods outside of the EU?

Isn't the aid being stopped this year? Do you think that there was a link between the aid and India being the third largest outside investor and it being the largest market for British goods outside of the EU?

You're right, seems common sense has finally caught up with government. We are to end state aid to India this year.

Yes I do think aid is used as a means to grease some wheels, but not as much as many would insinuate. Countries like India etc want the best product at the best price, if the EU can provide the quality, the price becomes less relevant.

You're right, seems common sense has finally caught up with government. We are to end state aid to India this year.

Yes I do think aid is used as a means to grease some wheels, but not as much as many would insinuate. Countries like India etc want the best product at the best price, if the EU can provide the quality, the price becomes less relevant.

I'm not too sure that this is the case. If foreign aid had little influence, why is India offering the money towards Mongolia?