AA scam? Watch out!

was with the aa for about 11 years and paid quaterley i think it was £18.75 per quarter , didnt have cover for some years and thought that now that i travel to devon i need some cover

anyway as you do i was doing it tommorow, and so on and so on,

so im listening to radio in asda car park yesterday not realising that 10 mins radio totally flattens a honda jazz battery so i have to ring up for breakdown and obviously join at the same time .gods struuth £168 to be paid in full

now my daughter joined after me for cheaper and got it over 12 monthly payments for around £145 with the credit charge and home start chucked in

spin to their website and it talks of £29.99 per car plus add ons obviously

sureley they cant charge you more than a website price can they ?

ill give it to the highest manager in the morning but dont ring this lot up for cover :rant:

So have I got this right... :huh:

... you're not a member, but you expect that by calling them and joining at the time of your break-down then you should get assistance for the same price as someone who pays their membership every year?

And you think this is a scam? :roll:

... you're not a member, but you expect that by calling them and joining at the time of your break-down then you should get assistance for the same price as someone who pays their membership every year?

And you think this is a scam? :roll:[/QUOte]

no what im saying is if youre not a member and join over the phone without breaking down , its much less. how can it be its like saying its our standard joining fee pluss extra for coming out for repair

you cant have £145 on the internet and £168 by giving thenm your credit card over the phone

tell you what skip to their website and tell me what quote you get without homestart

Edited by alternageek
amended vb tags

And you think this is a scam? :roll:

no what im saying is if youre not a member and join over the phone without breaking down , its much less. how can it be its like saying its our standard joining fee pluss extra for coming out for repair

Yes it is. But I suppose it's like buying insurance really.

You're insuring against breaking down. But if you've already broken down then I assume they are charging you an emergency call-out charge, as at the time you broke down you were not a member.

I had a similar experience, my jack collapsed in the middle of me changing a tyre on the M18. I had no choice but to call AA as I was stuck they charged me £100 for a years membership and a £60 emergency call out charge. AA roadside assistance is basically insurance against breaking down so I had no complaints of paying extra.