AA scam? Watch out!

You could call a taxi company, get a lift to Halfords, buy a battery and some spanners, get a taxi back and change it yourself.

Or cheaper, buy some jump leads or one of those boosters (I don't know if they come charged and ready though).

Or, phone a friend and have them get jump leads and come over...

There are many better options than the AA.

You could call a taxi company, get a lift to Halfords, buy a battery and some spanners, get a taxi back and change it yourself.

Or cheaper, buy some jump leads or one of those boosters (I don't know if they come charged and ready though).

Or, phone a friend and have them get jump leads and come over...

There are many better options than the AA.

A flat battery is about the easiest thing to sort...even a bump start should do it...then run the car for a while to charge it back up..mind you 10 mins of listening to the radio shouldn't flatten a car battery..

A flat battery is about the easiest thing to sort...even a bump start should do it...then run the car for a while to charge it back up..mind you 10 mins of listening to the radio shouldn't flatten a car battery..

It depends I suppose... :huh:

... 10 minutes of listening to Toby Foster can drain almost anything! ;)

Sorry I didn't mean someone like the AA..just a regular recovery company.

They won't be cheap either. At least the OP now has a further 12 months of cover to show for it. After a one-off call out he would have nothing.

They won't be cheap either. At least the OP now has a further 12 months of cover to show for it. After a one-off call out he would have nothing.

Yeah, but either way, they don't supply a new battery for free do they?

So unless the OP gets it replaced (or re-charged) then there's every likelihood that it will happen again!

When this happened to a friend of mine, although they were already a member of the AA, the AA sold them a battery and fitted it. It must be noted that the price of the battery was on the expensive side of things.

Yeah, but either way, they don't supply a new battery for free do they?

So unless the OP gets it replaced (or re-charged) then there's every likelihood that it will happen again!

When I called the AA out, they "condemned" my battery, basically saying that I had the choice to replace it, they would jump start me if I didnt, but if I tried to call them out again and I hadnt replaced my battery, they would refuse to help!

Dunno how they would be able to tell if I hadnt changed my battery or not, but I agreed and let the put a new one in anyway. Was in the middle of nowhere and had no real other options.

When I called the AA out, they "condemned" my battery, basically saying that I had the choice to replace it, they would jump start me if I didnt, but if I tried to call them out again and I hadnt replaced my battery, they would refuse to help!

Dunno how they would be able to tell if I hadnt changed my battery or not, but I agreed and let the put a new one in anyway. Was in the middle of nowhere and had no real other options.

Batteries are date stamped so the probably read that.

Also a battery that is past it reads a lower voltage and a lower capacity. So a 2nd call out, an obviously not new battery and a similar low reading would result in you paying the full charge out call I guess.

---------- Post added 18-05-2015 at 17:28 ----------

When this happened to a friend of mine, although they were already a member of the AA, the AA sold them a battery and fitted it. It must be noted that the price of the battery was on the expensive side of things.

The RAC did one for me recently, cost £5 more than the Halfords equivalent (I checked on my phone before I agreed).