AA scam? Watch out!

If it was the same price to join as and when you needed it, then why would anyone bother with cover in the first place?

I have no idea why you think they can't charge a different price online either. Of course they can, just like shops can charge different prices in store and online too.

Edited by ElasticMan

I was in the AA for about 12 years and only had one claim, relay from Sheffield to home..Kent.

I then got a newish car and thought I won't need the AA so dropped out.

Needless to say after a couple of years the car ground to a halt.

Called the AA paid the fee and joined, car fixed and have been in for 17 years.

Only 4 or 5 call outs ..home start. and burnt out clutch requiring relay to a garage.

Quoted cost of a 5mile tow in by local garage.........£70 plus VAT

Peace of mind......priceless.

AA once recovered me, three passengers, and caravan from just north of Inverness back to home which at that time was just outside Leicester.

Nothing wrong with the car, but I'd broken my leg and was unable to drive. This was on a bank holiday as well - they winkled out some off duty driver from near Elgin taxied him to the car, he picked it up, picked me up from hospital and then drove us all to leicester. We would have put him up overnight but he inisted he'd get a hotel to not bother us and he caught the train back the next day.

When I called up I was after assistance getting the car moved to a local hotel where we would stay until a freind could come collect us - but as the AA said we are the member, not the car, and there was no question of them not doing everything possible to help.