Protesters preferred political party

Oh please stop with the mis information.

Yes 24.49% of the electorate voted for the Cons, but only 66.52% of the electorate actually voted. You cannot assume none voters voted against any party.

So of the 30,691,680 who voted, 11,300,303 voted Con. That's 36.82% not 24%.

I posted correct information; you can word if differently if you choose.

In the 2010 election, at least we were governed by parties that had 59% of the vote.

People vote for parties not policies.

I guess your point is that people's engagement with politics is quite shallow.

But even if people were deeply engaged with policies, what would it matter? We can't actually vote for policies.

If only we could vote on issues throughout the year rather than for a representative once every 5 years, then we would have something approaching an engaging democracy.

I know that a large number of protesters won't have a clearly defined viable alternative to our present system, but that doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate right to protest and hope for a better democracy than we have now.

Protesters preferred political party? I suspect it's "none of the above".

Edited by DrNorm

Some people cant let it go their preferred political party lost.

And others are angry because greedy rich people have broken the system and tried pointing the finger at the poor and powerless.

I appreciate there are already threads on the Forum regarding the Sheffield and London protests last weekend but think a very important point has not been addressed.

Which political party would the protesters support and want to see in power ?

How would the protesters ensure their political party of choice carried out their wishes ?

Probably neither of the main ones. You're taking your eye off the ball by assuming a protest is against a particular party. Things are changing.