Why does Eyebrow, Nasal and ear hair grow prolifically when you're old

Yes another random thought!

As I'm getting older, my eyebrow, nasal and ears, have decided to compensate for the thinning patch of hair on my head.

They grow like wildfire. WHY?

Fortunately (yes I know it's gross), the ones up my nose I'm able to grab hold of a bunch of it with my fingers and yank them out without too many tears. But it bloody hurts.

The ones on my eyebrows are a different matter. I have to tend those with a pair of electric hair clippers on a number one setting, and pluck the white ones with tweezers.

The ear ones are a different matter entirely. Obviously I can't see those too well and have to rely on fiddling around trying to find one long enough to grab hold of with my fingers and put that out with my fingers.

Or should I just forget it and let them all grow, Dennis Healey style?

As I'm getting older, my eyebrow, nasal and ears, have decided to compensate for the thinning patch of hair on my head.

Fortunately (yes I know it's gross), the ones up my nose I'm able to grab hold of a bunch of it with my fingers and yank them out without too many tears. But it bloody hurts.

The ones on my eyebrows are a different matter. I have to tend those with a pair of electric hair clippers on a number one setting, and pluck the white ones with tweezers.

The ear ones are a different matter entirely. Obviously I can't see those too well and have to rely on fiddling around trying to find one long enough to grab hold of with my fingers and put that out with my fingers.

Seems a problem only with Labour voters Pete! Healey just gave up. :D:D

I used to pull the nose hairs but I started getting really painful infections. makes sense really, open pores and mucky snot dont mix! Got a pair of baby nail scissors and never looked back!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Beard trimmer with no guard. Push your nose up, out pops the hair, buzzzz and gone. Stuff the trimmer into your ears and they are now clear. Anywhere else you wish to trim, a beard trimmer is great. Except your scrotum, stay away from your scrotum with an unguarded beard trimmer. This is first hand advice!

I used to pull the nose hairs but I started getting really painful infections. makes sense really, open pores and mucky snot dont mix! Got a pair of baby nail scissors and never looked back!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I had one of those electric nose hair trimmers....A kind of round thing that you stuffed up your nose and wiggled it about. It worked fine...I think....But I don't know if it was coincidence or what, but each time I used it, I seemed to get a cold. Which I suppose is 'sort of' logical, in that I presume nasal hair is a first line of filtration.

Too much information!

The question is fine, but the detail given, yuk! I really did not enjoy reading that - some things are best kept private!

Too much information!

The question is fine, but the detail given, yuk! I really did not enjoy reading that - some things are best kept private!

It can't be any worse than the endless droning political threads... ;)

You wrote, "Fortunately (yes I know it's gross)," yet thought it acceptable to continue.

Decorum?

And you a Moderator too!

Oh dear - there are far worse things that could be discussed than nasal and ear hair !

You must have led a very sheltered life imo :)

---------- Post added 19-05-2015 at 11:31 ----------

ps., woman get hairy noses too !:hihi: