How To Navigate The City Of Sheffield

As if I don't have enough threads on the forum already!

Question: Does anyone know any place on the Internet where one might come across a Street Directory of Sheffield? Or, alternatively, is there a way such a directory might be presented on the forum? In that way, some who only have vague recollections of the city and the environs from the distant past may be able to navigate their way around. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Try google map.

If you type in two separate addresses on opposite sides of the city,you can navigate from one to the other in a choice of scales,with a blue route line showing throughout.

When you get to the start page,click on the link "get directions" (top right,just to right of search button),and then type your two addresses into the "start and end" boxes,and using the directional and zoom scales,away you go.

Link is maps.google.co.uk

Hi,Its me,I am the same,people mention street names,i remember the name but cant think where it is,suburb the same.I asked my sister to get me a street map while she was over there in January,she has it, but feel i will be too old to read it by the time i get it. :huh::confused:

Sputnic Boy - honest advice- never, under any circumstances try to drive a car anywhere near or through the city centre. It is almost impossible due to one way systems, bus only lanes for empty buses, tram routes for empty trams, no entries and the like. Just sit at home, study your map and use your imagination.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived