"Pubs for all you racists"

loraward

When I questioned a verdict there was clear reasons to do so and as I said on a couple of occasions the verdicts were overturned.

In your opinion and in my opinion there are clear reasons to question this verdict.

What actual evidence do you have for believing that you are right and the court is wrong in this case?
very likley the same evidence that you have seen.

Please tell us exactly what it is that has convinced you, facts not suppositions would be nice.

Everything.

'When the first group of delegates arrived at 4.45pm, the doormen told them they were not allowing travellers or people from the traveller conference to enter the Coronet.'

So not just travelers, the ban included everyone attending the conference, so not racially motivated.

You are fully entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, and I am fully entitled to question it, is that acceptable to you?

Question it yes, verbally abuse me because I hold a different opinion, yes you can do that too, but its a sign of intolerance.

As for your comment that you did not argue that ethnic groups and football supporters should be treat the same then what were you on about at post 130?

Which part of this is is saying that ethnic groups and football supporters should be treat the same.

No, it's fair when everyone is treated equally, if a pub can legally ban football fans on the basis that some football fans cause damage, they should be able to ban conference goers on the basis that some conference goers cause damage.

If a cake shop can refuse to make a cake for one person, they should be allowed to refuse to make a cake for everyone, with no special treatment for some groups people.

---------- Post added 24-05-2015 at 19:41 ----------

Is that not saying that in your mind they are the same whilst in law they are treated completely differently?

No, comparing a group of people that support a football team and another group of people that support a cause.

If the EDL was made up of just black people would think it wrong to ban them from from a pub?

In your opinion and in my opinion there are clear reasons to question this verdict.

very likley the same evidence that you have seen.

Everything.

So not just travelers, the ban included everyone attending the conference, so not racially motivated.

Question it yes, verbally abuse me because I hold a different opinion, yes you can do that too, but its a sign of intolerance.

Which part of this is is saying that ethnic groups and football supporters should be treat the same.

---------- Post added 24-05-2015 at 19:41 ----------

No, comparing a group of people that support a football team and another group of people that support a cause.

If the EDL was made up of just black people would think it wrong to ban them from from a pub?

Don't be coy and evasive, please tell us exactly what it is in the evidence to lead you to believe that the wrong conclusion was arrived at by the court.

Because I haven't seen any and I'm curious, so please enlighten us.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-3086374%2FWetherspoon-s-pays-thousands-racial-discrimination-against-gipsies.html&ei=mvVhVauqMKPB7Aba04H4Bw&usg=AFQjCNF7niVR6wi6Al-nw7wplp1eqiXwiA&bvm=bv.93990622,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Read it again, in particular this bit Two bouncers stationed on the door told them gypsies were barred.

Where have I verbally abused you? Got irritated by your continual refusal to take any notice of facts which were told to you on several occasions but little more than that.

Your mate charmer called me a bigot - using the word in a completely incorrect and incongruous way - but I didn't complain. simply pointed out to him the error of his ways. :)

Every part of it is saying that travelers and football fans should be treat as equals, but they are totally separate groups and cannot possibly be compared.

This has been pointed out to you before but as usual you choose to ignore it and carry on repeating the same old nonsense.

Travelers are recognised as an ethnic group by law, and are therefore subject to the protection of the law against discrimination.

Football fans are not an ethnic group and therefore have no such protection.

You can argue all you like as to whether that is right but it will make no difference because it's a fact.

So for you to argue that they should be treat the same simply isn't applicable, they're not the same.

I do enjoy your flights of imagination, if the EDL were made up of black people I think we'd all be a bit surprised but the answer to your question is simple.

If they were refused entry because the landlord didn't want an EDL meeting on his premises that would be fine.

But if the bouncer said You can't come in, blacks are barred then exactly the same thing would happen as happened in this case.

If so then that lessens my argument somewhat!.

It was their annual conference and was focusing on Dale farm which was Europe's largest illegal traveller site, turned into a fortress by hundreds of anarchists, there was also trouble at their previous annual conference. So it was understandable that the pub manager didn't want conference goers going into his pub, his decision was based on previous trouble and not their ethnicity.

It was their annual conference and was focusing on Dale farm which was Europe's largest illegal traveller site, turned into a fortress by hundreds of anarchists, there was also trouble at their previous annual conference. So it was understandable that the pub manager didn't want conference goers going into his pub, his decision was based on previous trouble and not their ethnicity.

I bet you'd be arguing that the Jews were asking for it.

Evidence for previous trouble please.

Its in the links you lot have been posting and I have quoted it several times.

You mean the one where the excuse was 'a large group'?

' A group of 15 Irish Travellers came to the pub at the same time and they were refused entry because of the size of the group.'

Edited by SnailyBoy

You mean the one where the excuse was 'a large group'?

' A group of 15 Irish Travellers came to the pub at the same time and they were refused entry because of the size of the group.'

No it wasn't in that link, but it was still a valid nondiscriminatory reason to refuse entry.