"Pubs for all you racists"

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Peak District, and a little more recently than 2011…

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015/02/06/row-over-labour-in-vain-19th-century-pub-sign-showing-white-couple-washing-black-boy/

Council Equity Chiefs

Ive seen some pointless council jobs before ,but this one takes the biscuit.

This is politically correct obsessed stupidity by jobsworths employed by councils to find racism where none exists .

Whichever suit made this decision should be publicly named and shamed and sacked .

There is nothing wrong with that sign what so ever.

Council Equity Chiefs

Ive seen some pointless council jobs before ,but this one takes the biscuit.

This is politically correct obsessed stupidity by jobsworths employed by councils to find racism where none exists .

Whichever suit made this decision should be publicly named and shamed and sacked .

There is nothing wrong with that sign what so ever.

My work brings me into contact with people with a number of disabilities, and you'd be surprised at how much discrimination they face. And that discrimination profoundly impacts on their mental health.

Public sector organisations have to be responsive to all people and treat people in a dignified and fair way. Nothing wrong with that.

I do think that some councils, when they employ 'Equality Chiefs' (no doubt on salaries that put them on the top tier of the pecking order), should consider that front line services used by minorities, such as gays, BME, and disabled people are being decimated, and will have far more of an impact on the quality of people's lives than some crummy Equality Chief, whatever their salary.

Utter garbage. If some black men once had a fight in his pub is it OK to bar all blacks?

If he had a problem with two fat women, is it OK to bar all fat women?

If he had a problem with cockneys is it OK for him to bar all cockneys?

Of course it isn't and there's no difference here except that some folk are too dim to see it.

I don't think there are any laws that would prevent people barring cockneys or fat people... just good business sense.

On the other hand, it is good business sense to bar people with a reputation for starting fights, not paying or nicking things. That sort of behaviour is unfortunately the cultural norm within the travelling community and only an idiot would ignore that form. It is certainly my experience and that of just about everyone I have ever met.

I think we need to declassify 'traveller' as a race. It is a lifestyle and we should be allowed to judge people based on their lifestyle choices and decide whether we want to do business with them or not.

I don't think there are any laws that would prevent people barring cockneys or fat people... just good business sense.

On the other hand, it is good business sense to bar people with a reputation for starting fights, not paying or nicking things. That sort of behaviour is unfortunately the cultural norm within the travelling community and only an idiot would ignore that form. It is certainly my experience and that of just about everyone I have ever met.

I think we need to declassify 'traveller' as a race. It is a lifestyle and we should be allowed to judge people based on their lifestyle choices and decide whether we want to do business with them or not.

Correct,would you rather have boy scouts camping next door or travellers?

That's exactly the kind of thing a racist would say.

No the judge made the mistake of presuming they were travellers, you're the one who brought the DNA bit into it as proof they were a distinct group.

Nice try but its certain that the court will have verified they were genuine.

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Absolutely right.

How would you know who was who? Say, how would you identify a traveller? How would you know they were going to cause trouble? How can you tell?

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 18:37 ----------

Perhaps the judge should have checked their DNA.

Just coming back to this point because your argument is bugging me - where does the law state that in a case like this that the complainant must provide biological samples?

Nice try but its certain that the court will have verified they were genuine.

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 18:34 ----------

How would you know who was who? Say, how would you identify a traveller? How would you know they were going to cause trouble? How can you tell?

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 18:37 ----------

Just coming back to this point because your argument is bugging me - where does the law state that in a case like this that the complainant must provide biological samples?

How.

According to you by their DNA.

Perhaps it should, anyone can claim to be a traveller.

How.

According to you by their DNA.

Perhaps it should, anyone can claim to be a traveller.

Answer the question. Where in the law does it state that a complainant in a case like this has to provide biological samples?

And answer the other ones too.

And, do you not believe the people were travellers? If not then why not? Where is your evidence?