"Pubs for all you racists"

They are a recognised separate ethnic group and culturally different to the rest of the population. And legally recognised as such.

I seen worse behaviour many times from non-travellers.

What about the Sheffielders, who joined the travellers, are they a separate ethnic group culturally different to the rest of the population?

Not so simple is it.

What about the Sheffielders, who joined the travellers, are they a separate ethnic group culturally different to the rest of the population?

Not so simple is it.

Explain a bit more. Who are these travelers? New Age travelers? If so you're talking about a different group, basically hippies.

1/10 - you must try harder than this

Explain a bit more. Who are these travelers? New Age travelers? If so you're talking about a different group, basically hippies.

1/10 - you must try harder than this

Irish travellers, I know the difference.

So some people from Sheffield became Irish travelers?

I'm intrigued. How many? When did it happen? Links? Evidence?

Yes it happens and knocks your DNA theory into a cocked hat.

The link is me, I used to dig trenches round them back in the 1970's, and shovel the turds they left behind them in the waiting to be demolished houses, also towed a few of their caravans to Doncaster.

Still talk to some of the younger ones who joined in the last 15 or so years

the old ones will be long gone one came off the Park area.

Yes it happens and knocks your DNA theory into a cocked hat.

The link is me, I used to dig trenches round them back in the 1970's, and shovel the turds they left behind them in the waiting to be demolished houses, also towed a few of their caravans to Doncaster.

Still talk to some of the younger ones who joined in the last 15 or so years

the old ones will be long gone one came off the Park area.

You can't just get a caravan and tag along with the community. Doesn't work like that. You can marry in though and assimilate into the culture. Then your children would become ethnically more like travelers and you would adopt the culture. That would be enough in the eyes of the law.

But, I'm struggling to see what advantages anybody gets from joining a persecuted minority. And I think the numbers doing so are going to be minimal with travelers.

Have to be honest, I think you've got limited traction with this angle.

Have you heard of The Law of holes?

It's a 'hole' I'm comfortable enough in. A bit overcrowded though as most people sit in it with the same opinion.

Are you honestly telling me you would not be more wary of a group of travellers than other groups? Do you back 100-1 shots believing all horses are exactly the same, disregarding form? You are only kidding yourself and everyone reading this threads knows it.

You can't just get a caravan and tag along with the community. Doesn't work like that. You can marry in though and assimilate into the culture. Then your children would become ethnically more like travelers and you would adopt the culture. That would be enough in the eyes of the law.

But, I'm struggling to see what advantages anybody gets from joining a persecuted minority. And I think the numbers doing so are going to be minimal with travelers.

If you bought a caravan and parked it on someones land you too would rightly become a persecuted minority.

Do you know that a land owner can be prosecuted when travelers park their homes on the land owners land?

Edited by loraward

It's a 'hole' I'm comfortable enough in. A bit overcrowded though as most people sit in it with the same opinion.

Are you honestly telling me you would not be more wary of a group of travellers than other groups? Do you back 100-1 shots believing all horses are exactly the same, disregarding form? You are only kidding yourself and everyone reading this threads knows it.

Strawman... Please don't state my position for me.

Of course it doesn't work like that they married into the community, they could never become genuine travellers, as according to you it's not in their DNA.

Have to be honest I don't think you have clue.