Trophy/Big Game Hunting. Killing animals for fun.

On 28/07/2019 at 20:27, gaz 786 said:

Maybe Boris Johnson will have a say in the so called sport of trophy hunting you never know! 

Probably offer a hunting trip as a prize to anyone who votes for him at the next GE.

47 minutes ago, taxman said:

Apparentley its now "big man" style to shoot puffins.

Then pose with the 100 or so you've just shot.

You've just shot a lot of small endangered seabirds...Big Man! Big Man!!

Somewhere else off my travel list.

If you want to kill something, kill something that’s a pest, not one where the numbers have dropped by 2m in a decade. I’m not even sure what the sport is? 

19 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Somewhere else off my travel list.

If you want to kill something, kill something that’s a pest, not one where the numbers have dropped by 2m in a decade. I’m not even sure what the sport is? 

I agree all shooting in Africa of the endangered species should be stopped even if they are farmed and bred for the purpose. same goes for any pest they have there.

any pest animal like foxes in the uk should be hunted ,trapped or shot.

44 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What harm do foxes do?

They can do alot of damage to chicken farm. I worked at a farm briefly where Mr fox was nabbing several chickens until Mr Fox had a short sharp conversation with the farmer and his shotgun. No hounds or a load of landed gentry on horses messing up the countryside required. Rats, wood pigeons, and no doubt a few others. A wild boar shot which ends up for the table i cant get too worried about. It would have had a better life than a factory farmed pig.

Hundreds of puffins that end up where, in the bin? Why?

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

They can do alot of damage to chicken farm. I worked at a farm briefly where Mr fox was nabbing several chickens until Mr Fox had a short sharp conversation with the farmer and his shotgun. No hounds or a load of landed gentry on horses messing up the countryside required. Rats, wood pigeons, and no doubt a few others. A wild boar shot which ends up for the table i cant get too worried about. It would have had a better life than a factory farmed pig.

Hundreds of puffins that end up where, in the bin? Why?

It's a poor chicken farmer who blames foxes for nicking his birds. Really...a human being, the pinicle of life on this planet cannot construct a chicken house that a fox cannot get into?

I know people who've had chickens ate by foxes and guinea pigs but they are only doing what is natural. Just build better chicken runs/ guinea pig houses. It's a battle of wits...surely humans can win without resorting to the shotgun.

24 minutes ago, taxman said:

It's a poor chicken farmer who blames foxes for nicking his birds. Really...a human being, the pinicle of life on this planet cannot construct a chicken house that a fox cannot get into?

I know people who've had chickens ate by foxes and guinea pigs but they are only doing what is natural. Just build better chicken runs/ guinea pig houses. It's a battle of wits...surely humans can win without resorting to the shotgun.

Its a step up from horses and hounds but I take your point.

Add now I want a fried egg sarnie.