Car Insurance not valid

I'm not sure we're getting the full picture.

The police seizing a vehicle over an admin error seems very heavy handed to me.

Just what I was thinking. If the registration on the policy was correct then there shouldn't have been a problem as the car would have shown as been insured. Surely they go on the registration of the car and not your postcode.

Eh? So why did you put down an address that you had never lived at? And then not know what that that address was? How can you not have known you put down a different address if you had only done it four days ago? If it was just the postcode that was wrong the insurance company would have picked it up as not matching the road name. If you did it on line you generally enter the postcode and it brings up the street and you select the house number. This makes no sense.

Reg was all right,just the address wasn't right..He checked it in his computer and said address is invalid and seized vehicle..and got fine today..

What did the police pull you over for, the data base would have shown the vehicle was taxed and insured, they probably became concerned when the address you gave didn't match the address on the data base.

Yes,they said it the address didn't match but I said it was an error...And insurer agreed it was a mistake..

So they spotted you driving your car and checked to see if the insurance address matched to registered keeper address.

The address didnt match what?

Like others have said, why did you enter a different address on the insurance?

How did you confuse your actual address with the one you put down?

Or was the address you put in a different area with a lower insurance premium?