Car Insurance not valid

Is the Insurance in your name?

In the UK it's the person who has to be insured and, usually, the address is not significant.

Either you (the driver) are insured or not.If not, it's a 'strict liability' offence ,and you are guilty of an offence and will get 6 to 8 points.

If you are insured - go to Court, plead NG and it will go to Trial and you, not the Pros, will have to prove onthe balance of probabilities, that you were insured on the relevant date.

I don't understand the relevance of the 'wrong' address bit.

More details please.

Hi.I have been stopped by police, I bought new car and made insurance but by mistake I messed up the postcode,and bought it...4 days later I was stopped by officer,my insurance was running just 4 days as well as my car did...He even didn't notify me, he just seized my vehicle and today I received fixed penalty of £300 and I will get 6 penalty points..Is it any chance to don't pay it??As I didn't know I have put different address...I told the officer to tell me the address,and I will change immediately but he said he will take the car and he will make sure I will get fine..And next day I called my insurance company,told them the situation and they changed it...Was it right as I didn't have any penalties or something and I was driving my last car on my address,normally...Can I appeal against it and don't pay/As I already paid £200 to get car back..

Post Code error? How so? Old Postcode, incorrect digit? Or totally wrong postcode?

It doesn't make a difference if the address on the insurance doesn't match the registered address of the car. You might have a policy to drive the car but may not be the registered keeper - so the addresses would be different.

Reg was all right,just the address wasn't right..He checked it in his computer and said address is invalid and seized vehicle..and got fine today..

What's an 'invalid' address? It's not like the car must be insured at an address you live at (although it would be unusual not to be the case).

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 10:10 ----------

It doesn't make a difference if the address on the insurance doesn't match the registered address of the car. You might have a policy to drive the car but may not be the registered keeper - so the addresses would be different.

Unless it's insurance fraud and then you wouldn't have cover at all...