Best Beer Garden

Where is the best beer garden in the city? From what I can gather it looks like the Riverside...

There doesn't seem to be much to choose from.

The Kelham Island Tavern and the Fat Cat both have surprisingly nice beer gardens, walled with lots of plants. The Rutland Arms, similar. The University Arms has quite a nice garden too.

But - because it's by the river, the Gardeners Rest at Neepsend is my favourite. A rare treat in Sheffield!

The University Arms has a great beer garden. The Forum, although more cafe-bar than pub, has outside seating looking over Devonshire Green. The reasonably newly opened Tap & Tankard (on Cambridge Street, used to be the Sportsman) has a beer garden, though I've never been into it. Red Deer and Bloo88 have outside patio areas, though the Red Deer's is small and can get busy. The Sheffield Tap has an outside seating area, although it's close to the main road. The Red Lion on Charles Street has a patio area, which is quite nicely planted up.

The Kelham Island Tavern and the Fat Cat both have surprisingly nice beer gardens, walled with lots of plants. The Rutland Arms, similar. The University Arms has quite a nice garden too.

But - because it's by the river, the Gardeners Rest at Neepsend is my favourite. A rare treat in Sheffield!

Good summary and good calls if it`s summery.

Roebuck Tavern - although looking at the building work across the road isn't a nice site.

Nursery Tavern on Eccy Road has a large beer garden at the back with plenty of seating area.

Shakespeare has plenty of seats at the back of the pub.