Household Waste Recycling Centre - Customer Service!

was told at shirecliffe could walk in if lived close, not sure how close is required. or just park out of sight and tell them you came on bus if challenged walking in

Be serious, if you walked in with two bags of garden waste and told them you'd brought it on the bus do you think they would believe you?

opening post go to deepcar and then let us know what you think most miserable ba----ds you will meet

I've always found them really helpful and friendly at Deepcar. Maybe they reflect the attitudes of the people using the site?

If they stop people in vans walking in with rubbish , where do the elf and safety police think the rubbish is going to go ?

It will be fly tipped , and i for one would never condemn anyone for doing this because the council are leaving people with no option.

If they stop people in vans walking in with rubbish , where do the elf and safety police think the rubbish is going to go ?

It will be fly tipped , and i for one would never condemn anyone for doing this because the council are leaving people with no option.

Nonsense, there are plenty of options, they just cost money. It's normal for van access to be restricted or monitored by permits to prevent the public paying for disposal of commercial waste. The rules for waste/recycling services in Sheffield are incredibly generous in comparison to other local authorities. The sites themselves though are the worst I have ever visited and without exception the most unhelpful and miserable people I have encountered.

Why, how many times have they been on strike so far this year? :shocked:

Well it is only March. They haven't been on strike this year. However if you google strike sheffield waste site. You get quite a few times they have decided to go on strike.

There was a huge dispute with the Big Green Company I think.

Correction I think its been resolved now looking at this article from the BBC. Not heard of any strikes since.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-30102792

Edited by woodmally

Awww i have to disagree!

I always use the Shirecliffe one and i find them to be very nice and extremely helpful.. was only 4 or 5 weeks ago i took a car full of wood and paving slabs, rubble etc and as soon as i parked up a young lad and a lady came over to the car and started to unload it with me.. i thought that was great of them and they were both very chatty... big thumbs up from me for the Shirecliffe Tip Crew :thumbsup:

Awww i have to disagree!

I always use the Shirecliffe one and i find them to be very nice and extremely helpful.. was only 4 or 5 weeks ago i took a car full of wood and paving slabs, rubble etc and as soon as i parked up a young lad and a lady came over to the car and started to unload it with me.. i thought that was great of them and they were both very chatty... big thumbs up from me for the Shirecliffe Tip Crew :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you're young, attractive etc. Ask yourself, would he have helped if you were 60+ with saggy boobs and grey hair?

I'm guessing you're young, attractive etc. Ask yourself, would he have helped if you were 60+ with saggy boobs and grey hair?

Actually they were helping everyone not just me, they really are a decent bunch at that one..

And anyway!!! why would me being ''young and attractive etc'' have anything to do with the lady who helped me?