If Australia can do it, then why can't we?

I suppose we need to think about who is telling us we cant and are they the same people who think you can cure a terrorist with a hug!

Why do limit your credibility so much by just making stuff up?

Removing the citizenship of the children of immigrants who go to fight, or the citizenship of the children of immigrants, who go to fight?

The OP is not clear.

Have you thought about reading the link I provided.

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 07:43 ----------

Why do limit your credibility so much by just making stuff up?

To be fair the hug comment was tongue in cheek, but there are those who argue we cannot strip people of citizenship, while Australia is going ahead and doing it. It may well be a quirk of their immigration system that allows this, but if they can do it, then I ask why cant we?

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 07:45 ----------

If you like Austrailia so much why don't you emigrate there to put it politely? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 23:49 ----------

What about the Britons who go and fight in the Israeli Army, should they also have their citizenship revoked for killing Occoupied Gazans? = http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/channel-4-news/british-citizens-israeli-army_b_5633939.html

Maybe because Israel is not our enemy or has sword to destroy us, unlike a small proportion of the muslim population within our borders.

Because the UK considers itself hamstrung by the hated EU and Human Rights Convention.

Why would 65m people need to have their rights diluted to deal with a minority. Especially when the proposed changes will have little or no effect other than helping a thoroughly incompetent home secretary have a smoother ride.

Does not compute. Sledgehammers. Walnuts.

Have you thought about reading the link I provided.

Have you thought that it might not be convenient for everyone and to make it clear instead?

To be fair the hug comment was tongue in cheek, but there are those who argue we cannot strip people of citizenship, while Australia is going ahead and doing it. It may well be a quirk of their immigration system that allows this, but if they can do it, then I ask why cant we?

If they have other citizenship, then fine. But you should read up about what happens to people with no state. Why do it anyway, why not prosecute them instead?

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 09:21 ----------

Because the UK considers itself hamstrung by the hated EU and Human Rights Convention.

The majority of the UK doesn't. Speak for yourself, not everyone else.

Funny? It is a UN convention that prevents statelessness, but let's rant about the ECHR whilst we can?

Maybe they've got dual-citizenship from their parents, so they would not be stateless - just not Australian anymore???

Why would 65m people need to have their rights diluted to deal with a minority. Especially when the proposed changes will have little or no effect other than helping a thoroughly incompetent home secretary have a smoother ride.
Consider your post liked, my good man :)

Australia is anything but a shining exemplary beacon, where an "egalitarian" and "happy" society is concerned. Just ask Aborigines :rolleyes:

As for those who admire the earnings side of things, I suggest you look into the costs of actually living there (notwithstanding the fact that there is not a shred of evidence about any causal link between pay levels and immigration policies). I have, not so long ago, and am quite happy staying here.

The cost of living is kinda high out there, which offsets the wage difference.

Have a friend who's just returned from Oz, she didn't see much difference between the UK and there.

Obviously if you're a sun lover than it's definitely the place to be.

Maybe they've got dual-citizenship from their parents, so they would not be stateless - just not Australian anymore???

Doesn't seem so

The government also wants to adopt the British legal model by revoking the citizenship of extremists who are Australian-born children of immigrants or an immigrant, forcing them to take up citizenship in the birth country of their parents, or parent, Dutton said.

They're just assuming that they can 'get' citizenship in the birthplace of their parents...

That would be illegal in the eyes of the UN, so even if Australia proposes that, it can scrap the plans as soon as the UN finds out about it.

Doesn't seem so

They're just assuming that they can 'get' citizenship in the birthplace of their parents...

If this is the case than Australia is just posturing, a bit like Cameron and Farage, they wouldn't have a populist conservative government in Australia as well, would they?