Ideas: Tell me things that are appreciated by some but not by others..

It's not so much about like or dislike, I'm just trying to find an object that is understood by some differently than others be it reasons of morals, religion, and so on. Marmite, for example, would not be a strong enough answer for what I am looking for.

? like,

foodbanks, mental health services, libraries

-those who don't need or use them probably don't appreciate them..

or

non dom status, pay via dividends, lower inheritance tax bands

Those who don't have use for them wouldn't appreciate them...

or

A normal polite drug dealer, sensible nightclub bouncers, a well run rave...

If it's not what you want you probably wouldn't appreciate them

or

A nice parish hall, a well kept crown green, a resident warden

Not used nor appreciated by everyone...

or

Am I on the right track? Or did you mean like a CMTS, an insulated screwdriver, helium, skateboards, peppa pig?...

There are lots of things I would imagine. The beautiful surroundings of the South Pennines and the Peak District, is something that I value. Though something which lots of others seem to take for granted (perhaps because of their immediate proximity).

Open spaces too are greatly underrated. What with lots of housing developments scheduled in previously unused spaces, forces people to think about the value of such open spaces for kids to play, for people to walk their dogs etc.

I appreciate having a job, and although it's caused me no end of anguish, anger and sleepless nights, I think I would be lost without it.

Greatly underrated is the civic society there is in this country. I've had conversations with people who are from overseas who are always impressed by the voluntary sector and the sense of local pride and generous spirit of people in their local area who give a great deal to a specific project.

There's probably loads of others

Marmite.

Appreciated by some and not by others.

;)

I like Marmite so much, I did this painting featuring the special edition 'Queen's diamond jubilee' jar. Using Rossetti's Bocca Baciata for inspiration, I tweaked it a bit (updated) and it's now called 'Woman with Marmite and spoon'. (oil on canvas). :)

Being childfree

Some people either don't have the desire to have children, or the ability to have children and can still lead a fulfilling and happy life without kids

Others may feel like parenthood is their sole purpose in life, or the greatest decision they ever made and can't imagine their life without kids

Both sides will never fully understand how the other thinks or feels about their own personal choice.

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 13:43 ----------

Turkish delight is another one.

And I also vote for Turkish delight!! :D