Wrongly priced items, should shop honour price?

No, medusa didn't word the post correctly.

You could refuse to serve a black person for any reason other than the fact they were black.

Sometimes that doesn't always work as it is supposed to work.

Refuse to bake a cake for one person and nothing comes of it, refuse to bake the same cake for someone else and you are prosecuted for discrimination.

Refuse entry to an group of people and some of them win compensation for discrimination whilst others in the same group win nothing because they was the wrong ethnicity.

Sometimes that doesn't always work as it is supposed to work.

Refuse to bake a cake for one person and nothing comes of it, refuse to bake the same cake for someone else and you are prosecuted for discrimination.

Refuse entry to an group of people and some of them win compensation for discrimination whilst others in the same group win nothing because they was the wrong ethnicity.

And it's illegal to discriminate against those with disabilities when it comes to employment, but I know an awful lot of people with disabilities who repeatedly get through to the stage of an interview when they have to declare their disabilities and then somehow find that the position has already been filled. The unemployment rate amongst those with disabilities (but who are completely capable of doing the job) is ridiculously high, despite a law making it illegal to discriminate.

Discrimination is not always about ethnicity.

And it's illegal to discriminate against those with disabilities when it comes to employment, but I know an awful lot of people with disabilities who repeatedly get through to the stage of an interview when they have to declare their disabilities and then somehow find that the position has already been filled. The unemployment rate amongst those with disabilities (but who are completely capable of doing the job) is ridiculously high, despite a law making it illegal to discriminate.

Discrimination is not always about ethnicity.

And I completely disagree with it, the realty though is that disabled people are competing for jobs with millions of young able bodied people from all over the world, and employers know they are likley to get more work done for less money by employing one of them. Even the public sector have been guilty of such blatant discrimination.

The good news though is that this government wants everyone to work if they can work.

The Prime Minister hails new figures on the first anniversary of Disability Confident campaign, as over 1,000 British businesses sign up to the campaign.

Disability Confident

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/150-job-or-training-placements-for-disabled-people-every-working-day

Disabled people are moving into jobs or training opportunities at a rate of over 750 placements every single week, new figures reveal, as part of the government’s drive to help more disabled people into work.

The 140,000 opportunities since 2011 mark the first anniversary of the Prime Minister’s campaign Disability Confident, which has toured the country showcasing the talents of disabled people to more than 1,100 business and public sector employers. It’s also worked to dispel myths about employing people with disabilities.

There was an article in The Star some time ago where a woman working in a chemists shop refused to sell contraceptives to a woman she knew was not married.She said it was against her religion to do this.I thought she should have been sacked but apparently she was deemed to be within her rights.

On the subject of supermarkets and pricing, I've come across something this very afternoon.

The Co-op Dronfield : display shelf full of Nescafe 300g jars : big SEL underneath showing £4.00.

Bought two along with other goods, left the store by a few feet before mentally recalculating the bill.

Checked the receipt : One Nescafe was priced at £4...the other £7.99.

Checked back with the cashier who initially was at a loss as to explain why, before one of her colleagues pointed out that only a few of the jars on display bore the tag "50% extra free" on the label.

Once sorted, no problem...picked up a different jar, and got a refund of £3.99.

The point is, if I'd done a large shop, would I have noticed?

I have always known shops to honour the price on the shelf. Granted sometimes the staff have had to ask their supervisors/managers but it always comes back to "put it through as the price on the shelf". It mostly comes down to it being a mistake of the shop and not the customer who is then put in a potentially embarrasing situation, so it's a gesture of good will more than anything.

Then you usually see a member of staff ripping the labels off asap. Funniest one I ever saw was buy 2 for the price of 3.

So they can only deny service at their own discretion with or without giving a reason if the person they want to deny service to, is a white heterosexual with no disabilities or religious beliefs.

Unless you wear a label it's unlikely that someone at a till can immediately tell your sexual preferences, identify disabilities or tell your religious inclinations by simply looking at you.

Not impossible of course, and some examples are easier to identify than others, but by no means all.

Unless you wear a label it's unlikely that someone at a till can immediately tell your sexual preferences, identify disabilities or tell your religious inclinations by simply looking at you.

Not impossible of course, and some examples are easier to identify than others, but by no means all.

I will have you know that my Gaydar is pretty damn good, speak for yourself!