Taxi watch which driver you get

Unlicensed drivers could mean someone using a private car to pick customers up and not necessarily unlicensed drivers sharing a cab.

Kidley really has got a bee in his bonnet about 10 or so Imaginary drivers all sharing a cab..:hihi:

You say the police reporting this badly written on there web ?

You say they found no unlicensed taxi's how do you know that?

if drivers are driving unlicensed cabs where are they getting them from?

Also could you point me in the direction of where i said that the police had found any unlicensed taxi's, i have said it further up this thread that i have no idea whether they found any or not.

but what i have said is, the police dont go chasing some thing that isn't there.

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 12:58 ----------

for the sake of repeating myself what are the point's regarding my O.P you are trying to make, anybody

I just have above. I keep repeating it and so does everyone else so I'll do it one last time and then leave you to it.

The police were looking for unlicensed drivers but it seems they didn't find any otherwise it would say in the report that they found some rather that stating the various types there crimes that were committed.

Secondly you can buy a cab from anywhere, look on eBay, so its not necessarily getting them from other taxi drivers if there are indeed unlicensed cabs in Sheffield.

Unlicensed drivers could mean someone using a private car to pick customers up and not necessarily unlicensed drivers sharing a cab.

Kidley really has got a bee in his bonnet about 10 or so Imaginary drivers all sharing a cab..:hihi:

Kidley really has got a bee in his bonnet about 10 or so Imaginary drivers all sharing a cab.

part time job mind reading mafya?

could mean anything mafya couldn't it your 100%correct there,

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 14:08 ----------

I just have above. I keep repeating it and so does everyone else so I'll do it one last time and then leave you to it.

The police were looking for unlicensed drivers but it seems they didn't find any otherwise it would say in the report that they found some rather that stating the various types there crimes that were committed.

Secondly you can buy a cab from anywhere, look on eBay, so its not necessarily getting them from other taxi drivers if there are indeed unlicensed cabs in Sheffield.

you wont have it will you, apart from anything els the crackdown on unlicensed cabs is nation wide and it is reached proportions that there is a nation wide clampdown,

in Sheffield & Doncaster in connection with/to tackle the use of unlicensed taxis. and Police arrested two men and issued 50 fixed penalty notices in a crackdown on unlicensed taxi drivers in Sheffield and Doncaster.

are you privy to know what these F P N where issued for?

Unlicensed driver is not initially a court matter. You are first issued with up to a maximum 3 fixed penalties which can consist of both endorsable and non endorsable but the penalty points issued together with any you have cannot equal 12 or over as you are disqualified at 12 points so THEN you would have to go to court. You can get a Fixed Penalty of no insurance which is 6 points and bald tyre 3 points and no MOT ( no points ). You can get a FP for unlicensed driver 3 points and no insurance 6 points. Should you have too many points or the offence is more serious then you are issued with a TOR which is a Traffic Offence Report, this goes to a central dept who look at your previous, mitigation etc and then make a decision on further action which can include Fixed Penalties, remedial awareness courses and yes court so as unlicensed driver you DO NOT automatically go to court. On top of all this the Council take civil enforcement action which will initially involve taking your plate and badge at the time followed by whatever action they deem fit.

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 14:36 ----------

Your car would not be towed away unless there is no insurance whatsoever on it as once the plate is removed and you cease using it for hire or reward you are covered again under normal insurance for SDP ( you would have got 6 points on Fixed Penalty as uninsured taxi ). Obviously you should then declare this matter to your insurance who may revoke your policy.

I'm not surprised that there were no unlicensed taxi drivers found. After the first taxi was pulled surely they got straight on the radio to update all other drivers of the situation. Any not licensed would have been privy to this information also.

When an accident or any other situation occurs that's the first thing the taxi drivers do it saves them from wasting time heading straight into traffic jams.

I'm not surprised that there were no unlicensed taxi drivers found. After the first taxi was pulled surely they got straight on the radio to update all other drivers of the situation. Any not licensed would have been privy to this information also.

When an accident or any other situation occurs that's the first thing the taxi drivers do it saves them from wasting time heading straight into traffic jams.

:hihi:

I love a good conspiracy theory...

not really a good idea to share any illegal goings on over the air as it goes to the taxi base first then its relayed onward to the individual driver or drivers by the staff manning the radio/data systems (now its all gps/digital based not analogue) , oh and just one more thing its recorded too.

not really a good idea to share any illegal goings on over the air as it goes to the taxi base first then its relayed onward to the individual driver or drivers by the staff manning the radio/data systems (now its all gps/digital based not analogue) , oh and just one more thing its recorded too.

Is it illegal to say there is a spot check?

I have heard radio control fore warn taxi drivers of potential situations and hazards when in taxis previously.

Edited by michelle21

Is it illegal to say there is a spot check?

I have heard radio control fore warn taxi drivers of potential situations and hazards when in taxis previously.

thats assuming the illegal drivers have got a radio and then that its even switched on, black cab? not all have radios. most dont.

thats assuming the illegal drivers have got a radio and then that its even switched on, black cab? not all have radios. most dont.

Thanks for the update.

Would this check have targeted black cabs specifically, or just taxi drivers in general?