Taxi watch which driver you get

I agree with the other taxi drivers on here it would appear that you are just a Internet troll and have an agenda regarding taxi drivers?

you being a taxi driver that is hardly surprising!!

But i will ask you i have asked the other taxi drivers who have so venomously attacked me on this thread, they have chose not to answer.

My question to you and the others is, just what is your point? do you think the police are wrong to go after unlicensed cabs? Do you think its wrong that they (taxi drivers) should be told that THIER‘inappropriate behaviour’ is not acceptable.A driver who posted on here blatantly said that the ex police that posted on this thread was wrong.

do you and the other drivers object to my thread? because one after another i have been continually bombarded by arrogant taxi drivers, when one taxi driver has done his stint with me another one starts ?

Just what have you got against these post ???

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/police-crackdown-on-unlicensed-taxi-drivers-in-sheffield-and-doncaster-1-

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-taxi-drivers-face-crackdown-on-inappropriate-behaviour-1-

http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/news-syp/unlicensed-taxi-crackdown-sheffield-and-doncaster

what problem have you got with these three links?

you being a taxi driver that is hardly surprising!!

But i will ask you i have asked the other taxi drivers who have so venomously attacked me on this thread, they have chose not to answer.

My question to you and the others is, just what is your point? do you think the police are wrong to go after unlicensed cabs? Do you think its wrong that they (taxi drivers) should be told that THIER‘inappropriate behaviour’ is not acceptable.A driver who posted on here blatantly said that the ex police that posted on this thread was wrong.

do you and the other drivers object to my thread? because one after another i have been continually bombarded by arrogant taxi drivers, when one taxi driver has done his stint with me another one starts ?

Just what have you got against these post ???

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/police-crackdown-on-unlicensed-taxi-drivers-in-sheffield-and-doncaster-1-

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-taxi-drivers-face-crackdown-on-inappropriate-behaviour-1-

http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/news-syp/unlicensed-taxi-crackdown-sheffield-and-doncaster

what problem have you got with these three links?

Firstly I'm not a taxi driver, or even ever been in a taxi.

Secondly I don't think anyone had a problem with the links, it is what you said was the point people were arguing against.

You inferred it was common behaviour, you also inferred that the links somehow proved your theory licensed drivers were renting out their licensed cabs to unlicensed drivers. None of those links proves that.

When this was pointed out to you, you just kept posting the same links again and again like they would somehow display different information.

So all we know is that the police had an operation against cab drivers which is a good thing and expected as in all licensed trades (otherwise no point in it being licensed). We don't know how many, if any, unlicensed drivers or unlicensed taxis were found. We don't know if licensed drivers were/are renting their licensed cabs to unlicensed drivers.

Hope that helps.

Firstly I'm not a taxi driver, or even ever been in a taxi.

Secondly I don't think anyone had a problem with the links, it is what you said was the point people were arguing against.

You inferred it was common behaviour, you also inferred that the links somehow proved your theory licensed drivers were renting out their licensed cabs to unlicensed drivers. None of those links proves that.

When this was pointed out to you, you just kept posting the same links again and again like they would somehow display different information.

So all we know is that the police had an operation against cab drivers which is a good thing and expected as in all licensed trades (otherwise no point in it being licensed). We don't know how many, if any, unlicensed drivers or unlicensed taxis were found. We don't know if licensed drivers were/are renting their licensed cabs to unlicensed drivers.

Hope that helps.

Well i must admit that your post is the best post on this thread,no anger in your thread just your honest and thoughtful opinion, most unexpected. Thank You

but i have mine to

Can't we all be friends and go home now ?

i dont think so Wallace, i do firmly believe what i have posted, but you never know i may get more sensible post like the one above, instead of having a direct go at me;)

PAKS4 i dont know what this means in Pakistani BUT, in english it means that two men have been arrested, and 50 have had FIXED PENALTIES served on them,in relation to them driving unlicensed taxis.

Quote from link.

Police arrested two men and issued 50 fixed penalty notices in a crackdown on unlicensed taxi drivers in Sheffield

I got the response back from FOI.

REQUEST

Is it possible to know how many of the 2 arrests and nearly 50 fixed penalty notices were issued to unlicensed drivers?

Or in general, how many unlicensed drivers were caught.

A page on the internet (Sheffield Forum) has taken this to mean that 'as we know, they're [taxi drivers] at it [driving while unlicensed]'.

RESPONSE I contacted our Road Policing Group for assistance with your request. I have been advised that no unlicensed taxi drivers were caught, therefore our response is one of ‘no information held’. If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can request a review by following the advice contained in the separate notice enclosed with this correspondence: If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at:

I'll put up a copy of it if you don't believe me.

Perhaps you should learn 'Pakistani' eh kidley? :D

• 3 months later...

I would suggest ALL those taxi drivers and others who, so vehemently denied that there are unlicensed taxi drivers plying for trade in sheffield are telling fibs.

The Sheffield Taxi Trade Association have complained to the council and police about these unlicensed taxi's

I would suggest that some taxi drivers on this thread are trying to hide something you cannot cover up the truth.

listen to Everard Davy's news on 17-9-2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031chl6

I can't remember the last time I got into a taxi and DIDN'T have to guide him to my house. The worst in recent memory was a cab that picked me up from Woodseats and didn't even know the area I wanted to go to, never mind the street name.

EDIT: I should have said, "I can't remember the last time I got into a SHEFFIELD taxi...", etc. Never, ever had an issue with black cabs in London, because as far as I know, you still have to learn "the knowledge" before getting your license.

Edited by Grappler

I would suggest ALL those taxi drivers and others who, so vehemently denied that there are unlicensed taxi drivers plying for trade in sheffield are telling fibs.

The Sheffield Taxi Trade Association have complained to the council and police about these unlicensed taxi's

I would suggest that some taxi drivers on this thread are trying to hide something you cannot cover up the truth.

listen to Everard Davy's news on 17-9-2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031chl6

They don't pull these up though! These out of town cars in town get away with it. They pull US up and check US.

:roll: Stop making out that Sheffield drivers are doing anything illegal, they caught no one from Sheffield working unlicensed and I've proved that.

Did you actually listen to what Hafiz said?