Taxi watch which driver you get

Dear me. Have I touched a nerve?

Take a lie down in a dark room for a while.

touched a nerve not any nerve ive got, all i have done is repeated things! i couldn't care less,

but the things some people are showing on this thread is just how taxi drivers work, couldn't care less about anything but themselves.what radio Sheffield says in the link is that you are at risk of being assaulted, also being over charged, and most importantly for females the risk of a sex attack with the drivers. are the taxi drivers on this thread saying take no notice it isnt true ???

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 20:22 ----------

Just had a listen to you're link kidley, hafees and the councillor are talking about "illegal activity" not unlicensed drivers, the main culprits are hackney drivers licensed by rossingdale and Gedling councils acting as private hire in sheffield. Sheffield council have no jurisdiction over these drivers as they are licensed elsewhere. Picking up unbooked fares is the issue also known as "goosing" that that the sheffield hackney drivers are complaining about

And the point of my post is to inform more people about it.

it seems that the taxi drivers and others on this thread have a problem with that.

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 20:31 ----------

also these out of town taxi's are not unlicensed they are perfectly legal to the best of my knowledge, link is for Bradford but presume same in Sheffield

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11621152.Taxi_drivers_dodge_district_s_strict_safety_checks_by_exploiting_legal_loophole/

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 20:34 ----------

Also this link packs4 says the same they are legal

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-1195022.html

PACK4

Basically A hackney carriage from any town/city can work as a private hire in any other town/ city. I believe it's very easy to become a hackney driver in Gedling resulting in vehicles licensed by Gedling working all over as private hire vehicles.

I think someone mentioned at the beginning of the thread about dodgy MOT's on taxi's???? more importantly how many customers are getting in a taxi that maybe doesn't have an MOT at all? or if being picky a non licensed driver

I followed a black cab down the Parkway earlier today and there's no way in hell that had a valid MOT - not only was it not driving in a straight line (which was a dead giveaway that it had at sometime been in a bad accident at some point and patched up), the exhaust was hanging on with what looked like a shaped coat hanger and the rear bumper looked as if it was going to fall off at any second and was bouncing around like crazy. Maybe it had an MOT about 7 years previously but the guy driving it obviously wasn't bothered however it was rather scary to say the least. Needless to say after seeing that I kept well away from him!

I can only hope that if he picks up a passenger they survive the journey and this person gets stopped by the police asap. Unfortunately/fortunately I wasn't close enough to get the plate or number

To make matters worse a little further on I got cut up by another taxi and had to slam on my brakes.......all in the space of a couple of miles:mad:

I think someone mentioned at the beginning of the thread about dodgy MOT's on taxi's???? more importantly how many customers are getting in a taxi that maybe doesn't have an MOT at all? or if being picky a non licensed driver

I followed a black cab down the Parkway earlier today and there's no way in hell that had a valid MOT - not only was it not driving in a straight line (which was a dead giveaway that it had at sometime been in a bad accident at some point and patched up), the exhaust was hanging on with what looked like a shaped coat hanger and the rear bumper looked as if it was going to fall off at any second and was bouncing around like crazy. Maybe it had an MOT about 7 years previously but the guy driving it obviously wasn't bothered however it was rather scary to say the least. Needless to say after seeing that I kept well away from him!

I can only hope that if he picks up a passenger they survive the journey and this person gets stopped by the police asap. Unfortunately/fortunately I wasn't close enough to get the plate or number

To make matters worse a little further on I got cut up by another taxi and had to slam on my brakes.......all in the space of a couple of miles:mad:

All taxis have a stringent taxi mot every 12 months, older vehicles have one every 6 months and they are more strict compared to a normal car mot otherwise they don't get issued a taxi plate.

My question to you and the others is, just what is your point? do you think the police are wrong to go after unlicensed cabs? Do you think its wrong that they (taxi drivers) should be told that THIER‘inappropriate behaviour’ is not acceptable.

No they are not wrong the public should be protected I believe most taxi drivers will agree with this if there are bogus drivers they are taking their livelyhood why on earth would they agree with that and after reading all this thread a few times I think this is the first time you have actually asked this question properly and not just ranted rubbish or trolled ....

just saying.....

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed quote tags

My question to you and the others is, just what is your point? do you think the police are wrong to go after unlicensed cabs? Do you think its wrong that they (taxi drivers) should be told that THIER‘inappropriate behaviour’ is not acceptable.

No they are not wrong the public should be protected I believe most taxi drivers will agree with this if there are bogus drivers they are taking their livelyhood why on earth would they agree with that and after reading all this thread a few times I think this is the first time you have actually asked this question properly and not just ranted rubbish or trolled ....

just saying.....

I have deleted my reply to you.

before i reply to your post, i would like to know what your beef is with what i say on this thread, the reason i ask is, all you and others have done is attack me (water of a ducks back) not, what i have posted, maybe because i have not said it, all i have done is repeated what other's ie police have said So, to get a level playing field just what are you on about,

Are you saying the police dont know what they are doing are you saying that they have just made it up about unlicensed taxi's.http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/news-syp/unlicensed-taxi-crackdown-sheffield-and-doncaster

Also, are you also saying that the Radio Sheffield news and the people interviewed are telling lies, that there is no unlicensed taxi's operating in Sheffield.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031chl6

you and other taxi drivers and friends on this thread are, trying to deny the undeniable.

so i ask you again, whats you beef about my post bearing in mind they are not my words?

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

I have deleted my reply to you.

before i reply to your post, i would like to know what your beef is with what i say on this thread, the reason i ask is, all you and others have done is attack me (water of a ducks back) not, what i have posted, maybe because i have not said it, all i have done is repeated what other's ie police have said So, to get a level playing field just what are you on about,

Are you saying the police dont know what they are doing are you saying that they have just made it up about unlicensed taxi's.http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/news-syp/unlicensed-taxi-crackdown-sheffield-and-doncaster

Also, are you also saying that the Radio Sheffield news and the people interviewed are telling lies, that there is no unlicensed taxi's operating in Sheffield.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031chl6

you and other taxi drivers and friends on this thread are, trying to deny the undeniable.

so i ask you again, whats you beef about my post bearing in mind they are not my words?

Me I have no beef what so ever ... EXCEPT

You started this thread with implications that police have arrested unlicensed taxis which is not true !

All the way through the thread although various people have pointed out to you not all of them taxi drivers or associates you have argued that you have undeniable proof that that was the case you would hear no one elses view on this now you are simply saying that a lot of taxi drivers are frauds they basically all share their cabs with whoever wants to earn a quick buck do you not understand that if there are bogus drivers out there it is nothing to do with the legal licensed drivers the genuine ones who pay yearly for their own badges to earn a living would not share their own taxis with illegal drivers it just wouldn't happen in everyday life it isn't worth the risk for them that's what I want to try and get thru to you not all taxi drivers are what you say they are !!

The police wanting to clamp down unlicensed drivers is an excellent thing if they are out there they should be caught they are putting the Sheffield community at risk and also taking trade from genuine drivers I believe most if not all drivers would agree with me on that but you saying that licensed drivers just share their cabs willy nilly with family or friends is just not true I don't know what your grief is with taxi drivers in general and I don't want to know but you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush !!

POLICE CLAMP DOWN ON UNLICENSED TAXIS..... does not only mean they are looking at our everyday taxi drivers checking they have their badges in order it is mostly referring to those idiots who get in their own cars on a Saturday night thinking I know what I will go down town pick up a few drunks earn a few quid its east to knick a drivers stickers from his car they are only magnets anyone could do and not everyone checks the back for a drivers plate ....

Speaking on behalf of the majority of drivers I know they do not and would not share cabs with anyone without a badge.

So nothing against you personally I don't even know you but you are genuinely wrong in your belief.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Me I have no beef what so ever ... EXCEPT

You started this thread with implications that police have arrested unlicensed taxis which is not true !

All the way through the thread although various people have pointed out to you not all of them taxi drivers or associates you have argued that you have undeniable proof that that was the case you would hear no one elses view on this now you are simply saying that a lot of taxi drivers are frauds they basically all share their cabs with whoever wants to earn a quick buck do you not understand that if there are bogus drivers out there it is nothing to do with the legal licensed drivers the genuine ones who pay yearly for their own badges to earn a living would not share their own taxis with illegal drivers it just wouldn't happen in everyday life it isn't worth the risk for them that's what I want to try and get thru to you not all taxi drivers are what you say they are !!

The police wanting to clamp down unlicensed drivers is an excellent thing if they are out there they should be caught they are putting the Sheffield community at risk and also taking trade from genuine drivers I believe most if not all drivers would agree with me on that but you saying that licensed drivers just share their cabs willy nilly with family or friends is just not true I don't know what your grief is with taxi drivers in general and I don't want to know but you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush !!

POLICE CLAMP DOWN ON UNLICENSED TAXIS..... does not only mean they are looking at our everyday taxi drivers checking they have their badges in order it is mostly referring to those idiots who get in their own cars on a Saturday night thinking I know what I will go down town pick up a few drunks earn a few quid its east to knick a drivers stickers from his car they are only magnets anyone could do and not everyone checks the back for a drivers plate ....

Speaking on behalf of the majority of drivers I know they do not and would not share cabs with anyone without a badge.

So nothing against you personally I don't even know you but you are genuinely wrong in your belief.

i have NO proof or other wise that cab drivers illegally share there taxi's, although it does seem some taxi drivers havnt a clue about driving one.

My Bold

So you do acknowledge there is illegal private hire drivers working, there is also the ordinary joe getting his/her car out on a weekend and using as a taxi .

I whole heartedly agree that the biggest majority of taxi drivers are first class citizens and, do a first class job, but there is a minority what gives the majority a bad name.

but that does not in any way shape or form alter that there is a sever problem "which is classed as a soft touch" with unlicensed taxi's in Sheffield (not my words)

You say

I started this thread with implications that police have arrested unlicensed taxis which is not true.

This is my first post kidley

Total Posts: 6,321

Hi

I think we all have had suspicions of taxi drivers and the taxi drivers on S/F have all denied it happends, but now the police and railway station are clamping down.WELL DONE

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/...ster-1-7269238

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/...iour-1-7123415

Where am i implying the police have arrested any body?

i and other people even on this thread have suspicions of people driving taxis that are not qualified

you say i have argued that i have undeniable proof of allot of taxi drivers are frauds, i think you are another one thats telling lies.

What i am saying and i will keep saying it whether taxi drivers like it or not, there ARE unlicensed taxi's operating in Sheffield and according to official body's its a very sever situation.

Also there are THOUSANDS of post on Sheffield Forum complaining about Sheffield taxi drivers, and just a handful of taxi drivers and friends complaining about me complaining about them.

and by the way i have nothing against taxi drivers in general just the bogus ones.

if i have missed anything i will correct it later

ps

the meaning of my first post was, well done to the police, and yes taxi drivers on Sheffield Forum HAVE vehemently denied that unlicensed taxi drivers operate in Sheffield. THEY DO

---------- Post added 27-09-2015 at 22:02 ----------

To the best of my knowledge, there has been NO arrest by the police in recent times (last few years) of any person for driving an illegal taxi, the police reportedly are not bothered.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

i have NO proof or other wise that cab drivers illegally share there taxi's, although it does seem some taxi drivers havnt a clue about driving one.

My Bold

So you do acknowledge there is illegal private hire drivers working, there is also the ordinary joe getting his/her car out on a weekend and using as a taxi .

Who are you quoting there, yourself?

(That text "i have NO proof or other wise that cab drivers illegally share there taxi's, although it does seem some taxi drivers havnt a clue about driving one." does not appear anywhere else in this thread.)

Are you now reduced to arguing/agreeing with yourself?