What's Happening To The Pheasant?

• 1 month later...

How in hell did this get planning permision to become a KFC and Costa Coffee. There is a primary/middle school not 50metres away (St Patrick's). Does the legislation on fast food outlets and distance from schools simply not apply here! Thought it was supposed to be a minimum of 400 metres or a 5 minute walk.

The bulldozers are in and yesterday they savaged pretty much every tree. Some had been there probably longer than I have been alive. Not a tree hugger but so sad to see them just rip them all down.

As this is on the junction of Barnsley Road and Hatfield House, the drive in will cause havoc at the already massively busy junction. Its going to become even more of an accident black spot.

Finally, do we really need another food outlet up here? Can people at Lane Top not cook lol. Well I live at Lane Top and I can cook :D We already have 2 cafes / diners, 2 Chinese, 1 Indian, 1 sandwhich bar, 1 chippy, 1 Pizza Kebab shop. Talk about saturation!!!

The link to the plans if it works https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=N0IQRDNY0KO00

Edited by DomSoss
Further Info

It would have been better as a cultural centre as originally planned until the EDL and local Muslim haters kicked up a fuss.

Enjoy your hopefully Halal KFC and overpriced Costa coffee! :hihi:

It would have been better as a cultural centre as originally planned until the EDL and local Muslim haters kicked up a fuss.

I hate KFC. It's greasy and overpriced and I can make my own coffee for about 20pence lol

I hate KFC. It's greasy and overpriced and I can make my own coffee for about 20pence lol

Joking aside its a really nice old building and it's a shame if they are going to be knocking it down or significantly altering it.

It's a shame the community didn't get together and open it as a community pub. :|

I thought the idea of it becoming a mosque was a fantasy caused by the paranoia of the EDL, like the time they organised an anti-halal demo outside a KFC on Penistone Road that didn't actually serve halal.