My dad was a POW in Japan

my Grandad (on mi dads side) was a POW in burma, worked on the railway. he survived and lived to a decent age.

I still have a photo he took of some elephants being bathed, i used to have a tooth he pulled out, but in mi hardcore punk days i used to wear it as an earing and it got lost :(

i've got mi dads stamp collection, and in the section for the king of the time, George VI i believe? i have some letters etc he wrote home, one from on the ship travelling to his placement, theres also one he wrote as a POW when he was actually missing, his mum and dad and wife didnt know for two years if he was dead or not.

• 5 years later...
On 25/05/2015 at 11:49, cuttsie said:

August 15th.

The day always reminds me of my old mate Albert Biney ,Sheffield boxer and gentle man ,The japs beat him up and starved him while he was a prisoner of war, not one of em was half the man Albert Biney was.

On 25/05/2015 at 11:49, cuttsie said:

August 15th.

The day always reminds me of my old mate Albert Biney ,Sheffield boxer and gentle man ,The japs beat him up and starved him while he was a prisoner of war, not one of em was half the man Albert Biney was.

Do you have any info on Albert Biney? He was my great uncle. Any pics or memories about his family would help as I piece together some of his life. Did you know Jessie who he married?

did you ever meet Albert his dad or Theresa?

5 hours ago, Biney1 said:

Do you have any info on Albert Biney? He was my great uncle. Any pics or memories about his family would help as I piece together some of his life. Did you know Jessie who he married?

did you ever meet Albert his dad or Theresa?

Worked with Albert and Bob . met Carol when we  went in the Red Lion on Holly Street , asked her for a date but it never came off . Albert is mentioned in Ordinary Sheffielders on this section .

On 25/05/2015 at 17:49, cuttsie said:

August 15th.

Another post for Albert