Deeply disturbing - do not watch

Because the town stops and the countryside starts?!

Tinfoil lives in Killamarsh if I remember correctly? I grew up there, it's expanded in size over the years, but it's "on the fringe", and a good 7 to 10 miles away from ****field.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 12:10 ----------

No it's not Ron. You're not stupid enough to believe this, surely? Are you trolling?

I do now live in killamarsh, but haven't always by a long shot and its a village but I don't think you could call it rural in the truest sense? I think there used to be hunts nearby though - I recall a similar conversation with someone from kiveton about the pros and cons of hunting and he had been on a hunt but I never found out where. Now if there wasn't a hunt round killamarsh or clowne or kiveton or other places like that fox hunting is really a pastime based on class rather than based on pest control.

And it was near Barlow I was nearly run over by a hunt funnily enough.

Because the town stops and the countryside starts?!

Tinfoil lives in Killamarsh if I remember correctly? I grew up there, it's expanded in size over the years, but it's "on the fringe", and a good 7 to 10 miles away from ****field.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 12:10 ----------

No it's not Ron. You're not stupid enough to believe this, surely? Are you trolling?

Nope. You know I'm not. The fox is either dead or alive. The hunt will kill old or I'll foxes that will take livestock.

The other option for these creatures is trapping- awful. Snaring. Ugh.

Shooting but a wounded animal may take a long time to die.

Starvation is a possibility.

It has no other predators other than humans.

It is also as much of a part of the English culture as fishing and mowing the lawn. I know English culture is a much derided and even intangible concept sometimes. But it is there nevertheless.

Nope. You know I'm not. The fox is either dead or alive. The hunt will kill old or I'll foxes that will take livestock.

It is also as much of a part of the English culture as fishing and mowing the lawn. I know English culture is a much derided and even intangible concept sometimes. But it is there nevertheless.

Being pursued for hours, cornered and then ripped to death by a pack of hounds is more humane? Listen to yourself fella.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. Start a new thread for the fox hunting.

Being pursued for hours, cornered and then ripped to death by a pack of hounds is more humane? Listen to yourself fella.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. Start a new thread for the fox hunting.

It's better than a slow lingering death in a snare. Or a trap. But there you go. You're quite right. Not sure how I got into hunting.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 15:56 ----------

One of the biggest marches seen in London in recent years was countryside campaigners.

I agree with you. They were wrong.

Ah yes. This guy brought it up.

It's better than a slow lingering death in a snare. Or a trap. But there you go. You're quite right. Not sure how I got into hunting.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 15:56 ----------

Ah yes. This guy brought it up.

It was an example of a protest. I also used the Iraq war as an example. It would be bad to derail the thread because you want a row about fox hunting - start another thread for it and see if you get any takers.

Stay on topic.

What a load of tripe!

Just protect your livestock better. There's no way on earth that you could convince me fox hunts are for the preservation of the countryside.

I was being facetious. Obviously sometimes a mass protest can be a force for good, the anti-war protests over Iraq another example.

Do I detect a slight change of direction? Earlier you implied that masses of people taking to the streets were an indication that their cause must be right, now you seem to be indicating that mass protests, marches whatever actually do not prove anything.

So your conclusion is what?

---------- Post added 01-06-2015 at 12:38 ----------

What a load of tripe!

Just protect your livestock better. There's no way on earth that you could convince me fox hunts are for the preservation of the countryside.

This is a non issue, the ban has worked, people can still ride out in all their finery and chase the scent. No foxhounds have been put down, no handlers have been made redundant.

Now foxes are being shot, or poisoned, approximately 50% of foxes are killed outright, many are wounded and die in agony, poisons used are less painful but I can only try to imagine how an animal, programmed to being both a hunter and being hunted reacts to such a lingering death.

Still we must all bow to the townie elite, the knowalls, who fat and pampered, sit in front of their media of choice and base their knowledge of the countryside on daily doses of Springwatch and re runs of One Man and his Dog.

Do I detect a slight change of direction? Earlier you implied that masses of people taking to the streets were an indication that their cause must be right, now you seem to be indicating that mass protests, marches whatever actually do not prove anything.

So your conclusion is what?

---------- Post added 01-06-2015 at 12:38 ----------

This is a non issue, the ban has worked, people can still ride out in all their finery and chase the scent. No foxhounds have been put down, no handlers have been made redundant.

Now foxes are being shot, or poisoned, approximately 50% of foxes are killed outright, many are wounded and die in agony, poisons used are less painful but I can only try to imagine how an animal, programmed to being both a hunter and being hunted reacts to such a lingering death.

Still we must all bow to the townie elite, the knowalls, who fat and pampered, sit in front of their media of choice and base their knowledge of the countryside on daily doses of Springwatch and re runs of One Man and his Dog.

You should not forget that some of these townies have driven through the countryside and some of them have actually got out of their cars for a pi ss and an icecream and to let the dog chase some of those woolly pigs for a bit. So they know all about the life and tradition in old rural communities.

Worse still arguably are the 'experienced' ones that walk cycle or run through it or climb any clump of rocks they see.

oooo look at the view and don't mind me obscuring it in my £300 bright orange kagool...