Deeply disturbing - do not watch

Politicians are prepared to make decisions that do not benefit the majority too.

You don't have to be a voter to be constructive and try and make changes.

Politicians make all sorts of decisions the only way to hope their decisions benefit you is by voting for the appropriate party.

The major decisions that affect the country are made by politicians.

Let's use a hypothetical scenario, one political party wants to go to war and another party doesn't. Would you vote in the election ?

I want to see a government that seeks out and exposes those in our society that would do us harm. That is surely the first responsibility of government?

Sure, but let's not get so suspicious of everybody that we withdraw the right of free speech from law abiding citizens.

What do you think? Is Britain is too tolerant and should interfere more in people's lives?

No he did not.

Yes he did

The peddling of lies: that 9/11 was a Jewish plot or that the 7/7 London attacks were staged. The idea that Muslims are persecuted all over the world as a deliberate act of Western policy. The concept of an inevitable clash of civilisations.

We must be clear: to defeat the ideology of extremism we need to deal with all forms of extremism – not just violent extremism.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-speech-at-the-un-general-assembly-2014

It's just not cricket to beat up on people who get excited about conspiracy theories. Really, they do no harm. Their pet theories are nearly always debunked very easily anyway.

I guess the silver lining for them is that the theories the government targets will probably be ones that hold some grain of truth.

I had you down as opinionated, not delusional. Consider me put straight :hihi:

Delusional for not trusting mainstream media? Each to their own!

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 08:33 ----------

Politicians make all sorts of decisions the only way to hope their decisions benefit you is by voting for the appropriate party.

The major decisions that affect the country are made by politicians.

Let's use a hypothetical scenario, one political party wants to go to war and another party doesn't. Would you vote in the election ?

If it was a clear, black and white decision for war and no war, I'd vote for no war. However, it's never a clear black and white decision. Therefore, I'd probably not vote at all and take to the streets with the others and make the politicians and the rest of the world know that we don't want a war.

LOL, nice obfuscation attempt.

But you don't get away with it: delusional for holding Russia Today as reliable a journalistic source as the BBC, the Guardian, Le Monde and the Washington Post.

It's all in the context :)

If it was a clear, black and white decision for war and no war, I'd vote for no war. However, it's never a clear black and white decision. Therefore, I'd probably not vote at all and take to the streets with the others and make the politicians and the rest of the world know that we don't want a war.
So, you're ready and willing to march in the street against a war.

And yet, given the opportunity a vote for or (indeed-) against that war, you wouldn't vote and march instead.

Riiiight.

As you say, each to their own :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 08:33 ----------

Precisely my point you would sincerely think you were doing something effective when in fact the protest would change nothing. You would only be satisfying your own need for expression.

LOL, nice obfuscation attempt.

But you don't get away with it: delusional for holding Russia Today as reliable a journalistic source as the BBC, the Guardian, Le Monde and the Washington Post.

It's all in the context :)

So, you're ready and willing to march in the street against a war.

And yet, given the opportunity a vote for or (indeed-) against that war, you wouldn't vote and march instead.

Riiiight.

As you say, each to their own :rolleyes:

You keep misquoting what I've said. If there was a black nd white choice, war or no war, then I'd vote.

And yes, I do think ALL mainstream media are untrustworthy.

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 18:12 ----------

Precisely my point you would sincerely think you were doing something effective when in fact the protest would change nothing. You would only be satisfying your own need for expression.

Protests have never changed anything??

You keep misquoting what I've said. If there was a black nd white choice, war or no war, then I'd vote.

And yes, I do think ALL mainstream media are untrustworthy.

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 18:12 ----------

Protests have never changed anything??

Why do you think all mainstream is untrustworthy? Is Kate adie a liar? John Simpson? Are they stupid and easily led? Are their contacts rubbish or false? Are you suggesting they aren't in the Ukraine or China or countless other dangerous places over the years reporting on what they see, or talking to people who are actively involved? Or is it all done in studio and these poor souls they're talking are just a few jobbing actors brought into the bbc for a few quid a la drop the dead donkey?

In other news, Putin came out saying America should stop being mean to that bastion of fair play that is Fifa and blatter is doing a great, honest job.

We used to be able to rely on good investigative journalism to get at the truth. Publish and be damned!

It's hard to remember now how shocked we were over things like Watergate, or that such an incident could cause a President of the USA to resign.

Now it's much harder, and the internet does much of the job. To dismiss everything you read on the internet as the work of 'conspiracy theorists' is shortsighted to say the least.