Save the 12 Trees on Rustlings Road - Please sign Petition

One of the trees on commonside was stone dead and the other was dying and very much on its way out but why should that matter ,I mean come on it's not like anyone could die from a falling branch or tree ,it's not even a busy area is it ?

Your version of events is very different from taxman

Two went from in front of the shops on Commonside last week, apparently they were dead or dying according to the notices that were pinned on them. One of them certainly looked a bit bedraggled but the other didn't.

I think people will believe taxman over you, given that you are a troll reincarnate :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-08-2015 at 17:27 ----------

If people don't want nice kerbs and paths then leave the old trees where they are. Just don't complain when someone if injured by tripping etc.

You do realise that these are just excuses?

That Amey have done no risk assessments?

Wish they would just have the balls

To be honest about their intentions an actions

They are such a steaming pile of

Blithering, mystified idiots

Who appear to have done a great job in

Fooling people of the same level IQ :nod:

So....

You want the council to pay thousands to keep the trees there, repair the pavements, and the roads (when they eventually break through, and they will)

Even maybe houses or boundry walls if it gets to that stage....

The money has to come from somewhere, so taxes will raise, ppl will complain...

can't have it both ways...

the trees should be MOVED (carefully removed, and put somewhere else) to where they cannot cause damage to the pavement and property...

the trees make it VERY difficult for disabled people to navigate around the area (especially those who can't see very well) - my mum has tripped countless times on bits of pavement that are broken cause of tree roots...

Your version of events is very different from taxman

I think people will believe taxman over you, given that you are a troll reincarnate :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-08-2015 at 17:27 ----------

You do realise that these are just excuses?

That Amey have done no risk assessments?

Wish they would just have the balls

To be honest about their intentions an actions

They are such a steaming pile of

Blithering, mystified idiots

Who appear to have done a great job in

Fooling people of the same level IQ :nod:

You sound like a bit of prat , you receive a bit of correct information and rather than take it for what it is you choose to ignore it as it doesn't fit in with your pathetic vendetta ,then resort to name calling like a 10 year old child .i won't be replying to any more of your posts as this will only give you the attention you crave seeing as your a bit of sad individual that has nothing better to do with there weekend or probably life !

So....

You want the council to pay thousands to keep the trees there, repair the pavements, and the roads (when they eventually break through, and they will)

Even maybe houses or boundry walls if it gets to that stage....

The money has to come from somewhere, so taxes will raise, ppl will complain...

can't have it both ways...

the trees should be MOVED (carefully removed, and put somewhere else) to where they cannot cause damage to the pavement and property...

the trees make it VERY difficult for disabled people to navigate around the area (especially those who can't see very well) - my mum has tripped countless times on bits of pavement that are broken cause of tree roots...

Hiya Ghozer, How do you move a tree and put it somewhere else?

Trees that are diseased or causing damage that cannot be remedied by other methods than removal are not what the campaigners (me included) are talking about.

A lot of street trees in this city are older than any living person! They are not harming anyone nor are they in anyone's way.

To take what you are suggesting in parts of your post to it's conclusion it seems you would be happy to see street trees disappear altogether.

How do you see that prospect affecting the air we all breathe...pray tell!

Amey - leave our green city alone: Larkin had some thoughts:

"And that will be England gone,

The shadows, the meadows, the lanes,

The guildhalls, the carved choirs.

There'll be books; it will linger on

In galleries; but all that remains

For us will be concrete and tyres".

Don't let crass ignorant little Amey destroy the green that is Sheffield and leave us only with the concrete and the tyres.

You dont know the area, I dont like going off on a tangent, so lets leave it there.

Its a good job you did, you were looking rather silly.

---------- Post added 16-08-2015 at 20:05 ----------

If people don't want nice kerbs and paths then leave the old trees where they are. Just don't complain when someone if injured by tripping etc.

Exactly this and all the other crap that comes with having trees on the front.

I was in Fitzalan Square this morning at half past nine. I had gone there specifically to take extensive photographic evidence of any damage to the structures surrounding the four magnificent trees in front of the old post office.

When I arrived Amey had already started work on the removal of the trees.

(Video on SAVE the HEELEY TREES on Facebook)

When Councillor Terry Fox says the removal of street trees is always the last resort I take strong issue with him.

Either he is being disingenuous or he has little idea of the range of remedial measures available before removal.

Or...maybe he is just being a politician!

I do have the photographs and I'm open to meet with him and the tree inspectors from Amey and the council to discuss the decision to remove.

One way or another they are going to have to justify what they are doing!

are the trees in fitzalan square being felled ?

Which Road are you talking about Ghozer? There are no access issues for disabled people on Rustlings Road. One resident wheelchairs his elderly mother up and down the street with no problems. Another resident who is blind, uses the trees to show him the way home. There are several residents on Rustlings Road with disabilites - and NONE of them want the trees to come down. SCC are just plain lying about access issues on THIS road.

---------- Post added 16-08-2015 at 20:58 ----------

Very interesting article in the Guardian this weekend, on this exact topic:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/aug/15/treeconomics-street-trees-cities-sheffield-itree

You want the council to pay thousands to keep the trees there

I pay my taxes, for SCC to do their job correctly

They are not

They are not following best practise guidance

Which is very clear on recommendations for valuing and retaining

Old trees, for the many benefits they provide

repair the pavements

Pavements can be repaired

Old trees are gone for good

CANNOT BE REPLACED

and the roads (when they eventually break through, and they will)

This is incorrect Ghozer

Sheffield Roads are in a bad way

Due to wear and tear of surface materials

That were not designed for the load that they now bear

Again, this is incorrect

If you are sincerely saying

That a century old tree should be moved

God only knows how you became a Forum Helper!

Seriously

With all due respect

You appear to know very little about this topic

So best you don't make yourself look like more of an idiot

And do some reading around the topic beforehand :nod:

---------- Post added 16-08-2015 at 22:24 ----------

are the trees in fitzalan square being felled ?

Four are earmarked for felling

According to my old friend Swami (:wave:)

---------- Post added 16-08-2015 at 22:27 ----------

my mum has tripped countless times on bits of pavement that are broken cause of tree roots...

I tripped over the Obelisk monument in Endcliffe park

Perhaps I should ask for that to be removed :rolleyes: