FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland

taxman

Ah, is that the interpretation they used? Normally that would infuriate me, but this being something that should have been sorted out long ago, let Captain America and his merry band do their world-policing duties.

Breaking news-FIFA are bent

In other news-Bears defecate in the woods.

Russian and Dubai competitions should be cancelled and the nations who came second should be awarded them..

They should be both cancelled anyway. There's a fair chance Qatar will be under a far more extreme government by then and lord knows what the Russians will do.

It looks as though FIFA are so corrupt that the next World cup is now in doubt.

Now if a player has ten bob bet he is banned from the game or sent to prison.

So what about the Blatter mob? who can believe a word they say and should we refuse to play in the next now flawed World cup.

The English F.A should speak up now.

I think the way ahead might be for European countries to break away and start their own association totally separate from FIFA, and with a totally transparent system of governance. European football is rich enough to do this. It could then allow other countries to leave FIFA and join in, bit by bit, if they are believed to be honest and are prepared to fit in with the new system.

Guest sibon
I think the way ahead might be for European countries to break away and start their own association totally separate from FIFA, and with a totally transparent system of governance. European football is rich enough to do this. It could then allow other countries to leave FIFA and join in, bit by bit, if they are believed to be honest and are prepared to fit in with the new system.

This, absolutely.

Uefa should refuse to take part in any more FIFA competitions until the hierachy is cleansed. It would be relatively simple to organise an extra pan-european international competition to replace the next two world cups.

I imagine that such a competition might be very attractive to the sponsors who are currently getting cold feet over their relationship with FIFA.

Whatever happens, things changed yesterday, irrevocably and for the better.

I agree that the UEFA needs to be far more proactive, however, I don't trust that lot either... Perhaps it is the best of a host of bad alternatives, I don't know...

Good point, remember that Platini was one of the driving forces behind Qatar's World Cup bid.

Guest sibon
Good point, remember that Platini was one of the driving forces behind Qatar's World Cup bid.

I'd forgotten about that.

This could be a very interesting set of dominos. The tactic seems to be arrest some suspects, lean on them hard, use evidence gained to arrest some more.

This could be a very interesting couple of months.

I'd forgotten about that.

This could be a very interesting set of dominos. The tactic seems to be arrest some suspects, lean on them hard, use evidence gained to arrest some more.

This could be a very interesting couple of months.

Isn't that the FBI's Modus Operandus?

The people that are arrested will be offered a reduced sentence or even immunity if they can bring down the heads of FIFA. It'll work because after all FIFA isn't some organised crime gang, unless of course there is some serious organised crime backing up FIFA.

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 12:58 ----------

Platini has requested to Blatter that he step down, Blatter has refused. It occurred to me that this could be a part of a power play from Platini/Uefa. More here.