FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland

taxman

So in other words they probably won't. Large portions of the world, ie not the west, seem to think Fifa are doing a bang up job and won't boycott sponsors.

For a lot of the world FIFA is doing a good job. Hundreds of millions given to grass roots football and extra places at the World Cup.

This is the best possible result for world football.

Let's all hope that UEFA grow a pair.

I don't think any UEFA members want a World Cup mid their very lucrative season. They might boycott if they can, but spain voted for blatter:suspect:

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 15:16 ----------

Sepp Blatter re-elected! Can you believe it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32937639

Its quite easy to believe ,,bladder has worked the FIFA for 40 years. He knows everything about every football federation in the world. He knows who's on the take and who isn't. As he has admitted he cannot be everywhere all the time but I'll put money on him having a team of people travelling the globe on FIFA's time reporting back to him. The reason he was voted in after crisis meetings with every federation head honcho is because he knows where all the bodies are buried and he probably let them know that if he went down he'd take the whole filthy lot down with him. Hence a fifth term. I doubt anything will change.

Edited by johncocker

What, you think the current Fifa sponsors are going to get all moral and leave? Sweatshop Nike and coca-cola whose columbian "partners" alledgedly get right wing nutters to kill trouble making Union leaders? I think they will stay with Fifa no problem at all if it works for them.

The current fifa sponsors are already getting online abuse,and bieng linked to corruption.As such they are assesing sponsorship.

Gone !!!!!!!!!

Blatter resigns, although I still expect him to leave the press conference with suitcases literally stuffed full of money.

"An extraordinary congress to be called to elect successor as soon as possible"

I'm going guess his successor will be an unknown, have a large mustach and sunglasses and be called bepp splatter.

Edited by tinfoilhat

I'm going guess his successor will be an unknown, have a large mustach and sunglasses and be called bepp splatter.

Isn't his nephew in charge of FIFA merchandising and TV rights? Maybe they'll keep it in the family.

About time. Why did he put himself up for election only to resign four days later? Is he about to be arrested by the Swiss or Yanks? Have they found that smoking gun? Hope so.

Good riddance to him.

Worth pointing out that farage resigned and tried to find a way back in.

---------- Post added 02-06-2015 at 18:02 ----------

Isn't his nephew in charge of FIFA merchandising and TV rights? Maybe they'll keep it in the family.

His daughter has been doing a bit of media work too.

Worth pointing out that farage resigned and tried to find a way back in.

Quite true. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if FIFA perpetuates this farce and decides to 'reject' his resignation. Blatter is the only one that can sort out this mess . . . .