FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland

taxman

What do people think of the latest revelations regarding Ireland and their payoff / out of court settlement. I'd find it credible if it wasn't previously a secret.

I don't know the response in in Ireland,but I know if the English F.A took a secret payment to drop a credible case,there would be a huge uproar about it(and rightfully so).

Its just another shining example of FIFA throwing millions about to get their desired outcome:rolleyes:.

That said,I wouldn't have over ruled a referee's decision anyway,unless ofcourse there was grounds that the ref was bent :P.

Ireland:suspect: corruption breeds corruption/at the end of the day the majority of FIFA's electors are still going to be the same constellation of third world dictators, one-party states and humanitarians like Mugabe and Putin.

time for silvio berlusconi to step in and sort things out

Edited by johncocker

What do people think of the latest revelations regarding Ireland and their payoff / out of court settlement. I'd find it credible if it wasn't previously a secret.

Id blow a gasket for sure.....what henry did was blatant cheating,he robbed a nations players(That dont reach finals stages as often as france) of their big opportunity.It was disgracefull.But for the IFA to accept the bung and keep quiet is astounding!

Id blow a gasket for sure.....what henry did was blatant cheating,he robbed a nations players(That dont reach finals stages as often as france) of their big opportunity.It was disgracefull.But for the IFA to accept the bung and keep quiet is astounding!

Nothing surprises anyone anymore regarding Fifa.

Reckon the FBI will unfold much more yet.

Also like Jack Warner i reckon more officials will cough up more corruption.

Because of what has been happening within Fifa

IMO the whole Fifa organisation needs dismantling

and not one current single member should ever represent them again.

• 2 weeks later...